November Wait Times Orlando

Edited: September 14, 2023, 2:06 PM

We have booked to visit Orlando in November 2024. Can anyone give us an idea of what the wait times for rides are like please? Disney, Universal and Sea World!!! Thanks All

Replies (7)

Edited: September 14, 2023, 4:10 PM

When in November? There's a big difference between the beginning of the month (with moderate Halloween carryover crowds), middle of the month (pretty quiet aside from Veteran's Day/Jersey Week), and end of the month (very crowded around Thanksgiving).

It also depends on which parks and rides you're most interested in and how much time you plan on spending in the area.

Also, if you're not visiting until 2024, you can probably get a good idea by looking at what the lines are like this November. There aren't any major attractions due to open in 2024 (aside from whatever Sea World is building by Antarctica and Tiana's), so this year's lines should be decent comps for next year.

September 15, 2023, 12:00 AM

We are going from the 6th to the 26th so hopefully the Halloween crowds will have died down and Thanksgiving is on the 28th so might just catch the start of those crowds. Good point about checking this years crowd figures I'll definitely do that! We are hoping to visit all the Disney and Universal and Sea World so ill have a good look at the patterns of when quieter days of the week tend to be.
Thanks for the response really helpful!!!

September 15, 2023, 8:22 AM

Crowd charts are useless these days. This time last year it was relatively quiet, especially at Disney, but it's been absolutely packed this week. So who knows what's been going on. Maybe D23 leftovers??

Late 2024 and early 2025 are going to be interesting to watch with Epic probably opening within 12 months of those dates.

Sure, take a look at the 2023 numbers this November, but don't take that as an indication as to what you'll experience when you arrive. Those days are in the dim and distant past.

Edited: September 15, 2023, 12:57 PM

I'd agree Mako, and I think next year is a big giant question mark as to what crowd levels will be like. Will parks be offering massive discounts to encourage visits because of the anticipation from guests to visit in 2025 and the current trends of slowing travel demand next year? Will parks (particularly Universal) be OK with flattening attendance (without undercutting revenue through discounting) knowing that they'll have a big jump the following year?

That is really the $10 billion question, because I think there are a lot of industry analysts that expect the demand (and therefore overall park attendance) to be either flat or declining compared to 2023. How parks combat that projection could significantly impact what the parks look like in 2024 and could even impact 2025, which is looking to be a banner year for Orlando parks with a brand new facility coming on line.

September 17, 2023, 11:17 PM

I would recommend going to Sea World and BGT on weekdays as they have higher attendance ratios of locals and are generally slow on weekdays and slammed on weekends, especially since that is the time of year the weather gets nice and everyone wants to be outside on the weekends. I have gone to SWO a few times on weekdays since school started and we usually only see a handful of families around us at any given time, and the coasters are running with empty rows.

In regards to Disney their crowd patterns are extremely unpredictable and there is no way to know how busy its going to be. You could go on a day that would make sense for it to be slow, but they have cheerleaders/latin groups/a big conference in town and that would screw everything up.

The only thing I would recommend for sure is to visit MK the morning of a day they have a Christmas party because the park is usually slow on those days since its only open until 6.

The only thing I can say about Universal is to make sure to do as much as possible before 4pm, especially on Fridays/Saturdays. The park gets way busier after 4pm because there is some annual pass they sell that includes express after 4pm

September 21, 2023, 6:02 AM

Great advice thanks to you all! We all can't wait to go, kids and big kids included!

September 21, 2023, 1:46 PM

It can be offbeat. I've been there at Thanksgiving, absolutely packed. Was there second week of November 2012 and WDW busy on weekend. However, when I hit Universal mid-week, it was much quieter to the point I got on Harry Potter in 15 minutes.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive