Severed Heads Removed from Hollow-O-Scream BGW

Edited: September 17, 2014, 3:38 PM

After a few complaints Busch Gardens Williamsburg caved in and removed all severed heads from a HALLOWEEN EVENT. This event ISN'T for kids and is advertised as such. Why censor yourselves?

http://bgwfans.com/2014/bgw-loses-its-head-cuts-severed-heads-from-hos/

Replies (2)

September 17, 2014, 4:21 PM

I'm willing to bet that this is in response to the ISIS videos, in which case there probably should be some sensitivity to the current situation.

September 17, 2014, 4:54 PM

I didn't think of that. That very well could be the case, but I really don't see this as necessary for a Halloween event where people go and expect mass gore because it is horror. I just hate seeing censorship in parks like the Bill and Ted show from last year in USH got canned because a few people didn't listen to the warnings and leave. Not to mention that miner maze that had a back story of Miners dying in a collapsed mine also getting canned because people didn't like the concept of miners dying in collapses. Is fictional people, there are warnings, if you don't like something deal with it. This brings me to a question though, is censorship in Halloween events an issue?

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive