Luigi's Flying Tires Closing

September 30, 2014, 4:10 AM

According to Micechat.com, the c-ticket attraction "Luigi's Flying Tires" will be slated to close in early January to make room for a new attraction. That's the only info about this so far, so tell me your thoughts.

Replies (8)

September 30, 2014, 7:26 AM

I'm not terribly surprised, but a bit disappointed since it was a pretty unique attraction. It takes up quite a bit of space, and was one of those rides where you would finally figure it out when the cycle was over. Thematically it was perfect for Cars Land, but the ride itself never connected with guests I suppose.

Edited: September 30, 2014, 7:50 AM

I loved that ride and figured it out in no time. Not too hard to read the directions marked on the vehicles is it? I am actually bummed.

September 30, 2014, 10:17 AM

That's pretty disappointing. Yeah it was a capacity nightmare, but I still liked it for the unique aspect of hovering over the ground.

September 30, 2014, 1:34 PM

I'm not surprised, I always felt it lacked a "fun" factor (perhaps that's why the beach balls were initially added the beginning)

For me the concept was interesting, but the execution just didn't work.

Although people caught on how to move the tires, there was never anything exciting about it. It lacks the speed & "bumps" of bumper cars. It was just somewhat bland.

September 30, 2014, 5:56 PM

I don't really trust Micechat, so until I see this elsewhere with more reliable sources I'll take the news with a grain of salt.

That said, if Luigi's Flying Tires is closing I wouldn't miss it at all. The ride is okay if there isn't a wait, but even if the line is only 10 minutes it's not worth the time investment. Good concept, poor execution, and not up to the quality standard of Disney.

October 1, 2014, 8:01 AM

I might agree with that. I do like this ride but when we went there was no wait what so ever. With that being said it probably isn't worth more than a 10 min wait.

October 1, 2014, 12:15 PM

I think the concept good and the execution is up to Disney quality. It's one of the most unique attractions in DCA, but sometimes the greatest ideas fall on deaf ears. The slow load times and learning curve really hindered guest enjoyment of the ride. The attraction was exciting if there were enough people riding that knew what to do, but if everyone riding just sat there leaning back and forth too fast, nothing happened, and after the 2 minute cycle, people would walk off disappointed. Perhaps it's a ride that's best at a smaller park or may be better if there were a few versions around the world to let guests get proficient at the controls.

October 3, 2014, 6:58 PM

As someone planning to ride it in a month or so, can anyone explain what exactly the proper methodology is to get the best ride?

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive