Just got home from a great week-long trip to WDW, hadn't been there in almost 4 years.
We tried to do a bunch of random/different/new things we hadn't tried on previous trips. Here are some quick impressions. Would love to see others' impressions on similar odd-and-end things to give us ideas on what to do/not do for future trips.
- Art of Animation Resort: Great value for the money. Pool was sweet, including DJ and fun kids' activities (like trivia competitions) every half hour. Food court was good, particularly choose-your-own-pasta and choose-your-own-burger stations, decent value for the money (by Disney standards) and good quality. Theming in Little Mermaid room was a big hit. Would stay there again for sure, enjoyed more than All-Stars and Pop Century.
- Behind the Seeds Tour (Epcot/Land Pavillion): Not bad, but nothing special. 11-year-old daughter liked it.
- Via Napoli (Epcot): Food was very good, but prices were ridiculously high for what we got. Will not go back.
- Sci-Fi Dine In Theater (Hollywood Studios): Fun. Surprisingly good food quality. Prices somewhat high, but not outrageous. Would go again.
- Pepper Market (Coronado Springs): Changed a lot since we were last there, much worse than before, 3 of our dinners (of 4 people) were not fresh. Used to be our favorite food court at WDW, now may never return.
- Family Magic Tour (Magic Kingdom): Not horrible, but somewhat disappointing. Was really just for kids but adults were same cost. Tour guide tried hard, and might be good if group was very small (our had about 10 kids + 10 adults) or kids were pretty young. Improved a bit by end as we got a ride on Winnie the Pooh and kids met two characters.
- Hoop-de-Doo Review (Ft. Wilderness): Started slow, but got better as it went. By the end, we all liked it (including kids). Not sure if quality improved or if we just had drunk enough to enjoy it... :-)
- Magic Bands/FP+: Great! Surprisingly seemed a big upgrade over the old system. Mobile app was also great and helped a lot (after website was horrible during our planning).
- Snacks: Cinnamon Almonds were fantastic, my new favorite "standard" snack available at all WDW parks, got them 3 times. Loved seeing the vegan/allergy snack stand in Animal Kingdom as well, had a good vegan donut there (was too cold for tofutti that day). Best surprise (my kids) were the amazing huge cupcakes at Cheshire Cat Cafe (Magic Kingdom).
This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.