Memory Maker question

February 4, 2015, 1:25 PM

I'm looking to buy the memory maker photo thingie and during the process it asks who is going to use it, but it only lets me select one person. I'm assuming I can add others later, correct, and that the person it's asking for initially is just whose account to link it to, right?

Thanks in advance...

Replies (3)

February 4, 2015, 1:57 PM

Yes. You can invite others to share the account and allow them access to the photos once you've purchased the package. Also, once they link their MagicBands, you will see all of the photos that they take in the parks. The idea is that multiple groups of an extended family can see and share photos during their vacation.

February 4, 2015, 6:04 PM

Thank you, Russell. I assumed that was the case, but didn't want to do the wrong thing. I'm still feeling burned from the photo package I bought on my last trip to Busch Gardens

February 5, 2015, 7:35 AM

The Busch Gardens Photo Key is still a work in process, and I would only recommend it if you typically buy 2 or 3 on-ride photos per visit. Sea World Parks have a good thing going (they actually give guests access to in-park prints as part of the package), but they have a lot of bugs to work out and tweaks to make to their system.

My main issue with Memory Maker is that it is very expensive (they just raised the price once again), and because you spend so much money on it up front (or even more if you pay for it after the fact), you're inclined to want to take photos at every available spot. Even on slow days, many Photo Pass photographers have lines 5-6 groups deep, and character photographers can typically see 10-15 minute waits even for those off the beaten path. I did find the new on-ride photo features pretty cool, but the videos are kinda lame (lots of stock footage integrated with about 3-5 seconds of your actual video). It really depends on how long you plan to be in WDW (I would not recommend spending the money if you're only there for fewer than 5 days), and how many pictures you think you'll take. For the $200 (just for digital access to the photos - i.e. no CD or prints), you would need to take between 50-100 picture to get what I would consider good value out of the package. If you don't typically visit characters or take the time to stop and pose for photos, you might find yourself at the end of the vacation with just a couple dozen pictures, and feeling ripped off.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive