Would you like it if Disney can deliver your photos to your mobile phones right away?

Edited: February 5, 2015, 10:09 AM

I would appreciate your opinions. If Disney or other theme parks can deliver your on-ride photos to your mobile phones right after you get off the rides, would you like it?
Thank you very much.

Replies (8)

February 5, 2015, 10:13 AM

If there are enough people like it, I may just work on it to make it happen. I also think Disney charge too much for the photos.

February 5, 2015, 12:57 PM

Disney is already working to allow access to Memory Maker though your phone. As it stands already, you can view ride photos through your Memory Maker account through a standard internet connection. Viewing those on your phone will probably be included in the next My Magic Experience app upgrade.

Disney charges what the market will bear. People are willing to pay $200 for Memory Maker, so that's where Disney sets the price. Whether you like it or not does not change what the market says. I think $4.00 is far too much for a soft drink, but that doesn't mean people won't pay that and a company cannot charge that. Welcome to Capitalism.

Edited: February 5, 2015, 1:30 PM

When I was at the London Dungeon we were given a code for immediate online access to our purchased photos... Can't see any reason why instant delivery would be a technical problem.

There might be some compliance issues WRT data protection (ie- supplied email address, phone nos being required to be deleted immediately after transmission in the case of kids or transmission to friends and family) but we have the tech already.

February 5, 2015, 2:49 PM

The thing is that Disney already has the tech and the integration in place for this service. It's just a matter of them deciding when they are going to offer it. It seems that the original poster is looking to pitch an idea to Disney, but what I think they fail to note is that Disney already knows how they want to offer this service, it's just a matter of when it will be offered.

Edited: February 5, 2015, 3:22 PM

Hi Russell and Chad,
Is it true what Disney and other parks will offer (or is offering) still require customers to look for their photos after they get off the rides? The photos will not be in their account, if customers do not look for them (or collect them). If this is the case, customers very likely will be tired of looking for photos, if every rides offer photos. Do you think so?
Thank you very much for your input.

February 6, 2015, 7:19 AM

In WDW, when you ride a photo/video-enable attraction, the system reads your Magic Band, and then associates that photo with your Memory Maker account. As it stands right now, the photo is not available in your account right away, but is usually available within a few hours. Many attractions also have screens at the exit of the ride where guests can immediately view their photo. There are Mickey Head icons that you can tap your Magic Band or RFID-enabled theme park ticket to ensure that the photos are linked to your Memory Maker account. However, by tapping, most guests are placing a duplicate copy of the image in their Memory Maker account, because the ride usually picks up your Magic Band while you're on the attraction. When the system is working correctly, it is completely hands off, and photos of your ride are automatically tagged to your account without the guest needing to do a thing.

Not all rides offer photos, but most of the biggies do (Space Mountain, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Splash Mountain, Test Track, Everest, Tower of Terror, and more).

February 6, 2015, 10:13 AM

Hi Russell,
Really appreciate your input. You know a lot more than I do about the photo business in theme parks. I have more questions, if you do not mind. Can we connect through email? My email is jiwenliu@yahoo.com. Thank you very much.
Jim

February 6, 2015, 8:56 PM

Yes/

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive