Ticket Prices @ WDW - Anything Decent?

Edited: April 8, 2015, 8:36 PM

A friend of mine is planning a trip to EPCOT with his wife and some other friends, and I'm thinking about tagging along. It'll be close to the end of the month when this occurs, and I've been looking online at ticket prices. Even as a Florida resident the price is pretty ridiculous. I've checked places like AAA, and they only really have any good deals if you're buying multi-day stuff.

I've been coming to TPI for years now, figured this is the best place to ask. Is there anywhere to get a one day, one park ticket that won't make my wallet cringe?

Replies (7)

April 8, 2015, 11:43 PM

As far as WDW tickets go, it'll be REAL tough to find any type of discount available

April 9, 2015, 7:37 AM

Doesn't Florida have a residents discount in the Spring? We have one in Southern California. The discount is multi-day, no single day discount. The most you'll get from an AAA discount is $5 off and free parking, but I don't know if its offered in Florida. That discount was discontinued in Southern California.

EPCOT is still a few dollars off compared with The Magic Kingdom. That's the most you'll get off.

April 9, 2015, 7:40 AM

Yeah, I've kinda resigned myself to having to pay pretty much the full amount, but I thought I'd try my luck here anyway. :)

April 9, 2015, 10:25 AM

If you can, be sure to carpool to save on the $17 parking fee. Also check stores like Sams Club or Costco for the Disney Parks gift card.

April 9, 2015, 11:39 AM

Below is info on a Disney Florida resident offer now in effect.

Florida Residents: Visit one theme park per day, valid at any of the 4 Walt Disney World theme parks from January 3 through June 5, 2015. Excludes the following blockout dates at Magic Kingdom park only: March 30 to April 9, 2015. Discover Disney 3-Day Ticket $139 plus tax, Discover Disney 4-Day Ticket $159 plus tax. To book by phone, call (407) 939-7886

If you want to go multiple days, it's a good deal over a one day ticket for $95.

April 9, 2015, 6:12 PM

They only want to go one day, unfortunately. Otherwise I totally would.

And yeah, I'll be carpooling with them. We're just gonna get stuffed into a car and go.

And as for the Sams Club/Costco gift cards, what benefits do those have?

April 10, 2015, 10:15 AM

They sell them for a little bit less than their value, $100 in gift cards cost $90 or so. You can buy them from many places, but usually full price. For one person on a one day trip its not a huge savings, but its something. They do this with other places including restaurants and movie theaters, The selection varies by time and by store so its not a sure thing, but its worth a shot.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive