Express Order app

May 8, 2015, 9:51 PM

I will be returning to Walt Disney World for Star Wars Weekends next weekend and I received an email from Disney about their new Express Order app. They said it is still in a testing mode, but that I can order ahead of time food and souvenirs (glow with the show merchandise) for Fantasmic or order food from Backlot Express. You can have to option of picking it up yourself or having it delivered to where you are sitting. Has anyone tried this yet? Sounds promising. I'm curious as to why they would test it in DHS only during one of its more crowded times. From what I could tell, it doesn't seem to have an option on it if your group is on a dining plan.

Replies (5)

May 10, 2015, 9:04 PM

I would love to hear how it goes! I am going to Disneyland this year so I can't test it until October.

It is an interesting service. I wonder what is the end game for Disney on this service. Will guests buy more? Is food and souvenirs getting too difficult? Disney does everything for some point. I can't figure out what is "in it" for them.

May 10, 2015, 11:35 PM

I agree. I'm thinking of the amount of money they will make. How many parents of young kids would not love having souvenirs and food brought directly to them and not having to stand in line for it? One less line to have to stand in sounds nice after a long day. I can see this as a win/win for everyone.

May 11, 2015, 6:23 AM

We used it during Fantasmic last week and it was pretty sweet. We just entered in what we wanted it charge to my Disney Visa I have on file with My Disney Experience and about 5 minutes to show time it was delivered right to us. The only down side I saw was for larger families ordering food if they were sitting in the middle of a row it would be pretty annoying to those sitting on the ends of the rows to have a crew of Disney Employees having to walk over them haha. But it's a great idea and worked flawlessly for us!

May 11, 2015, 11:33 AM

Bradley, so you can link a credit card to MDE without a resort room bill? Or were you staying at a WDW resort and just did the standard "magic band charge it to my room"?

May 12, 2015, 5:12 AM

Staying at a Resort. I long for the day when you can link a card to MDE without staying on property, because we own at Bonnet Creek and 90% of the time we stay there.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive