Nintendo Themed Rides

May 9, 2015, 4:54 PM

I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for Nintendo themed rides.

Replies (11)

May 10, 2015, 12:35 AM

I think a dark ride set in Hyrule would be a great sort of centerpiece for this "Nintendo Land".

May 10, 2015, 11:30 AM

I would not be suprised if this is going to be the retheme of Toon Lagoon. I could easily see a Mario overlay of Popeye (Mario and Luigi save Peach instead of Popeye saving Olive) or a Legend of Zelda redo of Ripsaw Falls. I'd also like to see them tear down the old Toon Lagoon theater and put a Mario Kart ride (glorified go-karts). If they don't redo Toon Lagoon, I could see this as a potential KidZone overlay/ET replacement.

May 10, 2015, 8:12 PM

Some sort of Safari Zone themed Pokemon encounter. You'd need to spend a fortune in animatronics, and keep spending on it so it never looks dated.

May 11, 2015, 2:44 PM

replacing Marvel Super Hero Island

May 11, 2015, 3:20 PM

I was thinking about it and how about a Mario Kart simulator ride?

...or maybe Nintendo can replace Seuss Landing...

May 13, 2015, 9:36 AM

a Metroid shooter ride would be fun...something along the lines of Men in Black...there also has to be a Donkey Kong mine train coaster.

Edited: June 3, 2015, 11:40 AM

So being the theme park/video game lover I am, I have been wanting Nintendo to have a theme park ever since I was a kid. I would love to have a Mario Kart ride. Here is my vision: Take Toy Story Mania ride concept: you sit in your own Go Kart, and you are against 12 other karts. You sit infront of a big screen and your go kart wheel is like your Wii controller. You can shoot turtle shells. And if you hit someone, there physical & virtual Go Kart shakes. You can throw banana peels, if that hits someone, then maybe their go kart spins around. Etc. Then after you finish the first race, your karts move to the next screen and you do another race track. I think it would be alot cooler than just a plain old Go kart racing ride.
Yoshi's Island: water park land
Donkey Kong Country: adventure land

June 5, 2015, 10:57 AM

This is what should happen . As much as I appreciate both seus land and toon laggoon that has to go for Nintendo . Make seus land the mushroom kingdom and make toon lagoon A mixture of everything. Have a main Mario bros forbidden journey type ride, Mario kart kind of like the Simpsons and some type of Mario Galaxy playground or something. Than over at the other side at the empty stadium there has to be a super smash bros stunt show. To replace
Popeye make a Dk type of ride that combines the technical aspects of thunder mountain railroad mixed with splash mountain and to replace rip saw falls out a Zelda attraction of some sort.

June 6, 2015, 6:43 AM

I think it would go in Marvel nicely. Not like I want it to, but it could.

June 6, 2015, 10:38 AM

Anything Nintendo needs to put immersion first. We’ve played these games our whole lives through the screen of a Television, and the primary focus needs to be taking us beyond the flat screen and into these worlds.

Mario Kart:
Given the Prediliction with screens that Universal has grown notorious with, this is the one I see making the most sense being a full screen simulator. But something akin to Star Tours, each car being a smaller simulator, and the tracks being chosen at random. The screens should be built with dome technology in mind to immerse the rider. Either 2D or 3D this ride would be a surefire hit.

Super Mario Brothers:
The franchise screams Centerpiece Dark Ride. Each portion of the ride being a central location from the game: 1.Standard on Land 2.Underwater 3.Underground 4.The Sky 5.Bowser’s Castle. This could go either one of two ways; A simple animatronic family ride ala Cat in The Hat or E.T. given the apparent lack of these adventures or something really daring and exciting utilizing KUKA arms like Forbidden Journey going from set to projection, simulating the insane bouncing and traveling of the games.

Donkey Kong:
I see three possibilities here. One being a fun family inverted roller coaster with a few dark ride portions, not unlike Puss in Boot’s Giant Journey (but substantially better) featuring our ape friends up to no good in the jungle. An oak Barrel River rapids is also highly appropriate and doable. Throw in an engaging physical playground or obstacle course and you’ve got a wonderful 3 way of possibilities.

Metroid:
A franchise I’m surprised nobody has quite yet brought up. While a Roller Coaster seems the most logical choice as it is easy to adapt to SciFi themes, I’m going to stick to my guns and say this game be approached from a T2:3D perspective of a 3D movie combined with Live Stunts. But put more of an emphasis on the live action and use the 3D as a tool to enhance the show rather than the focal point. I think an incredible live experience focusing on Samus and the awesomeness she is capable of could give both women and younger girls something to be proud of, as is the game’s legacy for such a strong female protagonist not often seen even in today’s games.

Zelda:
Despite this being my favorite nintendo series ever, I can’t decide on what kind of ride would do this franchise justice. This could be the next forbidden Journey, but at the Same time I think something along the lines of Poseidon’s Fury with it’s immense theming capabilities (minus the awful story line and script) may work as well. This is one I really gotta think about.

June 6, 2015, 4:09 PM

I'm not the biggest Star Fox fan, but what about a Triotech 3-D simulator/shooter ride?

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive