Disney Springs Announces 13 New Tenants

Edited: May 17, 2015, 11:24 AM

From the 'World of Walt' site : "Disney announced another 13 new tenants for Disney Springs, the soon-to-be new name for Downtown Disney. This includes eight retail shops and five food outlets."

Disney has mustered the courage to move forward on these build-outs, despite the fact that its international resorts have been siphoning off much needed, WDW expansion money.

(Chuckle)

New Retail Stores

Zara: Zara sells men’s, women’s and children’s clothing and accessories, including trendy items that go from design to store in just a few weeks.

Tommy Bahama: The island lifestyle that combines rest and smarts will offer tropically inspired swimwear, sportswear, and denim for both men and women.

Lilly Pulitzer: Clothing and accessories with a dose of optimism.

UNIQLO: Casual apparel that embodies Japanese values of longevity, simplicity, and quality.

PANDORA: This jewelry store sells modern charm bracelets and other things that sparkle and shine.

UGG: Premium men’s, women’s and kid’s footwear as well as other clothes, housewares, and handbags.

L’Occitane en Provence: Beauty and skincare product that smell really good.

Edward Beiner: Sunglasses and such.

Dining

Edison: “Industrial Gothic” -style restaurant that looks like a 1920s power plant will offer food, cocktails, and live entertainment.

Sprinkles: Cupcake bakery that serves ice cream and even has a cupcake ATM for 24/7 service. Nice.

Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza: Fancy pizzas and salads, together with lemonade and s’more pies. The restaurant has an interactive assembly-line that you to customize your own pizza.

Vivoli Gelateria: Gelato made with fresh, seasonal ingredients. Yum! Also sandwiches and coffee drinks.

Tea Traders Café by Joffrey’s: Premium tea from all over the world.

Replies (5)

May 17, 2015, 6:36 AM

I like the Tea traders idea... I am sure there will be free samples.

Have you been to the new parking garage yet?

If you saw in the TR I posted last night - this new garage is pretty awesome as far a parking garages go...

May 17, 2015, 7:05 AM

Thank god they are getting some real retailers. That was my biggest gripe with the DTD at WDW for the past few years. There were way too many Disney stores selling the same things from inside the park. The food choices were excellent, but the shopping was "meh," unless you were looking specifically for Disney items.

May 17, 2015, 8:02 AM

I actually disagree with Court. I think having too many outside vendors makes DTD "Just a mall". However, they have always had outside vendors and it looks like they were very picky!

Blaze is a Chipolte joint isn't it? There is one my my house. Its pretty good, but why would I visit when I could just go at home. FYI, thats my feeling about House of Blues too.

May 17, 2015, 4:43 PM

DTD already is a mall. Other than the food options there is hardly any reason to shop currently at DTD if you're visiting the parks since they sell the same items.

The nice thing about having these outside vendors is they tend to create resort specific items and clothing. Two great examples are the Starbucks coffee mugs that have become all the rage recently, and the Reyn Spooner shirts they sell at the Polynesian.

Outside vendors are a good thing.

May 17, 2015, 6:55 PM

It's an entertainment mall, not just for shopping. I expect these tenants to charge above typical retail prices to pay the rent (astronomical) and because they can. People, or tourists, just don't leave empty handed.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive