My update on Cedar Point trip that I stressed over and you guys helped with!

June 18, 2015, 6:04 AM

Just wanted to thank everyone for their help as I was stressing over my first time Cedar Point trip. Being a Disney freak of a planner

1. THANK YOU for those that said don't get fast lane pass. Did not need it = would have been nice about 3x but no issue trying later with line etc. Glad I didn't spend 285 and what I really would have needed is the Deluxe one so that really would have added up.

2. Lines not bad during early hours and really not bad as I feared period.

3. surprised there are no metal detectors to get in?
4. Breakers Hotel is nice. Reminds me of a Disney Moderate on the inside of rooms, lobby and exterior much nicer than actual room. Great location as everyone said, agreed.

Disappointments - staff. English speaking greatly needed. Not impressed with customer service. Many people in the lime green shirts labeled supervisiors could not answer VERY basic questions. My favorite was being told Gemini was open on early hours. Um no even I know that. I heard more I DONT KNOWS in 2 days than I have ever heard elsewhere and the funny thing was no one attemptd to find out. That was the convcersation ender "Sorry I don't know". Nice.

I realize it isn't Disney for sure but I feel like it is a park run by college kids who need training. I was using hand motions to ask where ice cream was b/c of the English barrier at one point.

We were able to ride everything Monday night and Tuesday the only thing we missed was Dragster which we hit on Wednesday morning after some issues but that is a whole other story.

So bottom line, park is nice. flat. Better than I thought. But not so impressed with customer service.

you guys were so helpful!!! THANK YOU! Trip was a success!

Replies (3)

June 26, 2015, 5:51 AM

Fast lane passes are a must have if you plan on going Fri, Sat or Sun or if your on a time limit and have only the day to ride.

June 26, 2015, 1:43 PM

Wow I've heard bad things about the CP employees but never anything that bad

June 26, 2015, 6:07 PM

I'm tempted to go incognito to Cedar Point (that is, without wearing my "Follow Me, I Know What I'm Doing" TPI shirt) and ask various employees of all types various questions about where things are, times for events, etc. and see what responses I get. This could be fun...could be depressing...but probably will be interesting. It'll probably be a few weeks before I get back to the Point (building the set for our local community theatre production right now), but I'll be back.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive