6 Flags Tickets...Can they be transferred or redeemed elsewhere?

Edited: June 23, 2015, 9:42 AM

Hi...this is my first thread *smile

I have a dilemma: I pre-purchased tickets online for 6 Flags Great Adventure. But due to a family obligation, I can cannot make it. However, I live within the vicinity of 6 Flags America which is a lot closer. Can these tickets be redeemed at this location? I pre-purchased two tickets, two gold flash passes, and I already prepaid parking. Please advise! IDK what to do! Thanks

Replies (5)

June 23, 2015, 10:17 AM

I'm pretty sure they're only good at the original park. However, even if they were good at SFA, you'd be taking a HUGE loss since the ticket price and Flash Pass prices are significantly less at the Maryland park. You're much better off trying to sell them, of plan another trip later in the year to SFGAdv.

June 23, 2015, 10:20 AM

Thank you. The tickets I purchased are good for that day though. Also, if I do try to sell them, I have my name and another persons name on there. Does it matter?

June 23, 2015, 1:10 PM

If the ticket explicitly states they're only valid on the given day, then you're pretty much stuck. I'm guessing you must have purchased at a pretty significant discount to get limited to a specific day. I've never seen them do an ID check at the gate on single day tickets, but you'd certainly be taking a risk there.

That's why I would always recommend Six Flags visitors to strongly consider a season pass. The season pass is good at every park in the chain, and typically pays for itself in 2 visits.

You might want to call customer service to see if it's possible to switch days or get a refund.

June 23, 2015, 1:21 PM

Sell them on Craigslist.

Edited: June 25, 2015, 7:15 AM

Selling theme park tickets on Craigslist can be tricky. The "posting police" are quick to take down ads with any reference to theme parks. I have attempted to sell comp tickets (far below face value) and unprocessed season pass vouchers with very little success. Sadly it seems that Craigslist has become the haven of overly righteous trolls that don't mind their own business. Caveat Emptor exists for a reason, but these people think it's their place to determine what is a legitimate ad and what is a scam based solely on the text of an ad.

Working with the park to get a refund or switching the day or people on the tickets would be the best way to go in this circumstance. Six Flags is not known for great customer service, but I wouldn't be surprised if you called them and were able to work something out.

I'd also add that it may be tricky in this circumstance to sell these tickets because they have already been issued to specific people. Like I said before, I've never seen SF gate personnel request IDs for single day ticket holders, but I would be hesitant to purchase a ticket that has someone else's name on it.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive