Cedar Point on Labor Day

July 28, 2015, 11:59 PM

About two months ago I posted a thread asking for advice for my first trip to Cedar Point; now I'm HOOKED. I've been one more time since then and would really like to visit one last time before Halloweekends. Unfortunately, the only day I am able to visit is on Labor Day. I've found that there are a lot of mixed opinions about the park on this day. Some people say that it is packed and to stay away at all cost, while others say that it's not too bad. If anyone has experience with this particular day, I would love to here your experiences! Also, I plan to buy Fast Pass Plus. What are the lines like if you have Fast Pass this day? Should I abandon all hope?

Replies (3)

July 29, 2015, 12:49 AM

I wish I could help you, but I don't have first hand experience with Labor Day crowds there. I would think that with Fast Lane Plus you shouldn't have any problems, but like everything else at Cedar Point the deciding factor is weather, weather, weather. Have a great time and let us know!

July 29, 2015, 1:14 AM

Speaking of, how is the weather up there in September? The weather here in Dayton is usually pretty nice that time of the year. My first trip in mid June was actually pretty great despite the tornado warning. After living in Ohio for so long it didn't even phase us, but half of the park seemed to have run off somewhere. Once the storm passed thirty minutes later, we were able to ride all of the big coasters at least two more times.

July 29, 2015, 5:02 PM

I asked a friend who pretty much lives at Cedar Point, and she said that she remembers Labor Day as being busy because passholders can bring a friend for a greatly reduced rate. That would be something to check out on their website. As far as the weather, it is usually pretty nice around then, but you never know. Sort of like Dayton, but with a lot of water around you ;+)

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive