Celebration of Harry Potter first timer...

August 19, 2015, 6:57 AM

Has anyone on here attended the Celebration Event? My Wife and I just purchased Annual Passes and we normally stay at our time share on Disney property but I'm wondering if it would be worth staying on property for the exclusives and early access. The next question goes with that, if we want to enjoy the expo and panel do we have a shot just going to the parks those days without the exclusive access and what not or should we really just try and stay on site to get the perks?

Replies (2)

August 19, 2015, 9:45 AM

I have never attended the Celebration event but I can relate to owning a time share on Disney property and being torn on whether to simply stay at the time share or bite the bullet and pay to stay at a Universal resort after reading all the great reviews on this site. For years my girlfriend/fiancee (now wife) and I would stay at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek on Disney property and paid to take a shuttle to Universal.

For my bachelor party of all things, I stayed on Universal property at the Hard Rock for the first time with my buddies. After that amazing experience, I will never visit Universal without staying on property again. The perks are exactly how everyone describes them; worth the price. Early access to both WWOHPs made for basically walking right on to Gringotts and Forbidden Journey, cutting the rest of the lines allowed us to relax and not worry about time, and the close proximity of the parks and City Walk to our hotel made for an ease during both the days and nights that made me feel like I was actually on vacation.

A Disney or Universal vacation is always fun for me but they can often be rather intense as well. Staying on property at Universal replaced all the intensity and fatigue with more fun and relaxation. I highly recommend it.

August 20, 2015, 5:02 AM

Thanks Will, We actually own at Bonnet Creek as well haha!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive