Cedar point Labour day weekend sept.4 to 7th

August 19, 2015, 9:55 PM

Hi everyone! I'm planning on visiting cedar point on labour day weekend. Do you think it will be very crowded or just moderately?
I can get a starlite pass for Friday night,full day saturday or starlite pass saturday night- full day sunday. Which day would you think would be less crowded, sat or sunday?
We plan on getting fastpass plus for full day plus early entry since we will be staying at breakers express or cottage at cedar point.
Is the actual labour day itself (monday,sep.7) supposed to be busy? I noticed no resort rooms/cabins available that day.
Thanks for any advice you might have.

Replies (2)

August 19, 2015, 11:19 PM

Let's just wait for James Koehl

August 20, 2015, 5:10 AM

Thanks, Blake (wow, is the pressure on for the right answer- I can almost hear the "Final Jeopardy" music playing)! With Cedar Point, weather is everything. I went to "The Point Online" fansite http://thepointol.com/ and they are predicting heavy to very heavy attendance. I think that your best bet would be the Friday night until closing, all day Saturday route, especially since you have ERT and will be getting Fast Lane Plus. You can use the ERT and get a few rides in before the crowds enter, but be there in time so that you can get in exactly when they let you in, be at the closest gate to your chosen ERT ride, and go there right away. None of the ERT rides are close to each other, so choose one and maximize you time on it- you can use your Friday night experience to decide what that one will be.

You didn't say if you've been to Cedar Point before, but if not, this is the time for my usual mantra- people underestimate how big Cedar Point is. It is a huge park and you will be doing a lot of walking. Also, weather can change quickly, since it is out in the middle of Lake Erie, so check the weather report and plan accordingly.

Three things I would recommend you not miss- 1)the Skyride, one of the last ones in a park anywhere, and be sure to look down at the gardens planted underneath it. They often have pictures planted in the flowers that can only be seen from the Skyride. 2) Cedar Downs- one of the last Racing Derby rides left, and it really is a lot of fun! 3) Frontier Trail, a relaxing walk through a forest with log cabins, craft shops, etc. A nice place to slow down and decompress from all the thrill rides.

Have a great time! Let me know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive