Indiana Jones Adventure vs. Dinosuar

August 29, 2015, 4:13 PM

Obviously both these rides are similar with the same track and car. Between queue, story and overall theming, do you think Indy or Dinosaur is the superior? My vote goes to Indy

Replies (9)

August 29, 2015, 6:03 PM

My vote goes to Indiana Jones, but then again, I might be biased out of my love for Indiana Jones.

August 29, 2015, 8:57 PM

Indiana Jones hands down no question about it.

When I went on DINOSAUR, I was extremely disappointed. I hate the constant slowing down and the lack of big drops. Honestly, Indy beats DINOSAUR in every category. Indy's queue is one of the best out there. Indy has a great story, which has a better plot than Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Indy has a ton of theming all over the place during the ride, probably the best out there. Indy has more thrills, meaning that it is faster (or at least seems faster) and has more drops. So yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of DINOSAUR, however I love Indiana Jones and I rank it as the second best dark ride I have ridden (Test Track pre Test Track 2.0 as #1).

August 30, 2015, 9:33 AM

I would say Indy for the whole package, but I think Dinosaur does a little bit more with the technology its given. Its newer of the two so that could explain much.

August 30, 2015, 1:37 PM

Dinosaur is the only one I've ridden and I find it a little lacking in some areas.

I really want to go on Indy. In fact, it's probably one of the only reasons why I would go to Disneyland over Disney World.

August 30, 2015, 2:57 PM

Tom you don't have any interest in Carsland or the Matterhorn, or the shorter wait times? Or visiting the only Disney park Walt was at? Disney World is great, but it's a huge version of the original Magic Kingdom. Disney has turned around and taken the success DisneyWorld to its original Theme park to turn it into a resort by adding another theme park, 2 more hotels, and a smaller version of "Downtown Disney". But at the heat of Disneyland resort is Disneyland park, the park that has influenced all the other Disney parks, as well as competitors. There's a lot that's the same at both resorts, but Disneyland is the original, and in many ways the best, at least here in the states.

September 4, 2015, 12:21 PM

I have only been to Dinosaur, and while it is a fun ride, I think I would like Indiana Jones better based on the ride POV's I´ve seen.

September 5, 2015, 9:15 AM

Dinosaur is a good ride but Indy is definitely better

September 5, 2015, 10:05 AM

I've only been on Dinosaur, and after watching the ride video for Indy, I want to go to Disneyland a lot more now.

Edited: September 5, 2015, 5:38 PM

Indy is much better. There's more to see and experience although the ride doesn't hold up so well twenty years later. Dinosaur is just a dodge from the scary dinosaurs. Rather forgettable after one ride. I wouldn't mind if they swap out the themes with Disney acquired Lucasfilms.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive