Another season of Theme Park Apprentice has now concluded. With 7 successful seasons (as well as a couple spin-offs), you may think that we've got it working perfectly, but that isn't quite true. There are always discoveries to be made along the way, and that is part of the reason why we like to solicit feedback at the end of each season. Input from participants is the best way to help this game continue to grow in the future, and it will also help with finding problems we may not have noticed.
If you participated in Theme Park Apprentice 7, even if only a small amount, I invite you to give us your thoughts on the competition and/or the game as a whole. You may respond to the questions in the list below or just write something on your own. We welcome all feedback, and while positive comments are nice to hear it is constructive criticism that provides the most help. The only thing I request that you do not post are uncivil comments meant solely to insult or provoke competitors and/or judges.
1. If this was your first time playing Theme Park Apprentice, how did you enjoy the experience? If you have played before, how did this season compare to others?
2. This season of Theme Park Apprentice used an experimental challenge format designed to make challenges more realistic. Did you like this format, or did you find it too difficult? While it is unlikely this format would be used for an entire season again, would you be interested in seeing it applied on a limited basis (perhaps one challenge per season)?
3. Do you feel that the judges were fair and honest during the competition? If not, please give specific examples of issues you observed.
4. Based on your experience this season, would you be interested in participating again in future seasons of Theme Park Apprentice? If not, is there a reason why?
5. The timing of the next season is currently TBD. Would you prefer the next competition to be held in winter 2016 (January start) or summer 2016 (June start)?
6. This season of Theme Park Apprentice used a shorter 2 month duration. Would you prefer this duration for next season, or would you like a full 3 month season?
7. For Theme Park Apprentice 7, an independent challenge format was used to differentiate it from the previous couple seasons. Would you be interested in seeing the cumulative park format return for the next competition, or would you prefer sticking with the independent challenge format?
8. The following are potential theme ideas for the next season, assuming a cumulative format is used (note: the final theme may also be something completely different). Please rank these options from favorite to least favorite. Also, feel free to include your own theme as well if there is something you would prefer (please include a 1-2 sentence description):
a. Independent Parks: Competitors are prohibited from developing a park tied to an existing theme park company and must instead create something unique. IP is allowed provided it is not currently in use by or owned by a major theme park chain.
b. Franchise Wars: Ignoring the real world restrictions on IP, competitors pick a set number of properties at the start and must develop a park using only those properties.
c. Blue Sky: No restrictions whatsoever, everybody is free to develop a park how they wish and using whatever themes they desire.
d. [Insert Park Chain Here]: Everyone develops a new park for the specified chain. All IP rules apply.
9. One of the new aspects tested this season was the Redemption Challenge. This challenge is intended to allow a competitor who was eliminated early a 2nd chance at the competition. While the exact format of the challenge will be modified, would you like to see this remain a part of the competition?
10. Another new aspect of the competition was the use of a cumulative scoreboard. While it ultimately ended up causing more problems than anything this season, there is consideration of attempting a cumulative elimination format in the future. Would you be interested in competing under this format?
11. The third major new aspect of this competition was the Real Life Pass. This pass was created to allow a competitor who was unable to complete a proposal due to real life issues the opportunity to continue in the competition. While the penalty was discovered to be excessive for this pass, it did succeed in minimizing the number of resignations during the competition. Whether you used this pass or not, would you like to see it maintained in future competitions?
12. Lastly, I have been approached with the idea of doing random one-off challenges throughout the year. These challenges would be hosted once every month (or every other month) and would be open to anyone. There would only be 2-3 judges who may rotate. If these challenges were done, it is very likely only one full competition would be run per year. Is this something you would be interested in, or would you prefer sticking to just the full competitions?
If you have any other questions or comments about this season or Theme Park Apprentice in general, please share those as well. Don’t be shy, we welcome all feedback as long as it is constructive.
Thank you for your feedback and your continued interest in Theme Park Apprentice.
This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.