Character Dining Help!

November 9, 2015, 8:59 AM

Good Afternoon/Morning,
First of all i would like to thank all of you here for giving me so much pleasure over the last year or two, reading all of you posts and discussions, many a laugh has been had, thank you.
Now to my request...i am heading back to Orlando in 2016 from the UK and have most things in hand with the exception of one item, Disney character dining (Universal sorted)! Any cuisine or price there's just so many options and the only opinions i regard are those written here, so please, point me in the right direction if you can.
Thank you all again
David

Replies (3)

November 9, 2015, 11:23 AM

We've done quite a few character meals, and our favorites have been Akershus in the Arendelle, I mean Norway Pavilion of EPCOT and Tusker House breakfast in the Animal Kingdom. Akershus is a modified buffet with a cold bar accompanied by a choice on entrees and desserts, which Tusker House is a full buffet.

Our least favorite has been 1900 Park Faire, but that was when Cinderella's Royal Table was closed last year, so perhaps we caught that at a bad time (used to have pretty good reviews). We've also done CRT, and probably don't need to ever do that again (one of those, gotta try it once type of places), but if you want to dine in the Castle, there's no substitute (Akershus is far superior in our book if you can live with the fact that it's in EPCOT).

November 9, 2015, 11:57 AM

Thanks Russel, the Frozen pavilion seems to be a good choice for the rest of the family (I've got two girls 8 &3) but I do worry that when Arendelle opens it may get quite busy. But anything with a princess gets a vote from them. We've done the Contempaty resort of few years back and Cafe Mickey in Paris so Mickey doesn't need to be involved. Ps. I still kinda like Epcot for some reason

November 9, 2015, 1:11 PM

Just remember that as of right now, Akershus doesn't include Anna or Else. However, there are rumors that eventually they will be added, which would likely make that ADR as coveted as CRT.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive