Secret Life of Pets coming to IoA in 2017?

November 17, 2015, 8:44 AM

"Unknown" a reliable source on Orlando Informer's forums says "Secret Life of Pets" Illumination/Universal's new animated film coming out next summer will be coming to Islands of Adventure in the form of a trackless/AA-filled dark ride in 2017.

I think that sounds like a reasonable thing to say. ;)

Replies (4)

Edited: November 17, 2015, 12:42 PM

Pets looks to be like a very good film and probably will be the best animated one to come from 2016 (there's not enough known about Moana at this point for me to make judgment on that). I'll take a ride, especially if it's trackless.

Edit: Upon further inspection on other sites, apparently there are indeed plans for Pets to go to the Toon Lagoon theatre at Islands of Adventure, something which I originally thought was a joke (apologies Sean). If that's the case, I'm not sure how Toon Lagoon would be able to exist in its current state. Illumination has a variety of projects coming up such as Sing that they can tap into and create an Illumination Land. Although I'd hate to see Dudley and Popeye go, if it's for the best, then by all means.

November 17, 2015, 4:33 PM

Sounds like a winner. And it helps fill a demographic void at the resort. Looks like a ride even Disneyphiles would enjoy. Hope the rumor is true.

November 21, 2015, 1:19 PM

Looking forward to this IOA needs more mid-level family rides.

December 6, 2015, 8:24 PM

Would they make a mini land similar to where long is going? They wouldn't have to get rid of room lagoon, they could simply just make a city area in it where there can be a dining area a shop or two and a pets dark ride. I'm picturing it being like disney studio Paris's ratatouille area minus the French theming.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive