Splash Mountain vs Splash Mountain

November 21, 2015, 11:10 AM

Do you prefer Splash Mountain in Disneyland or Magic Kingdom? I love both. They feel very similar, but I did note some differences. DLR's moves faster, has single file seating, and the final drop is sharper. WDW's moves slower, has side-by-side seating, and the story is more clear. I can't decide! Which do you prefer (and if you've been to Tokyo, you can put theirs in too).

Replies (19)

November 21, 2015, 11:19 AM

I also LOVE both basically the same. I slightly prefer DLR's, though, because the drop is sharper, and the Burrow's Lament scene towards the final drop with the mom rabbit warning her children. That sets up the drop perfectly. It's an absolute must-do in both DL and MK!

November 21, 2015, 11:28 AM

#dontfeedthetroll

Edited: November 21, 2015, 12:19 PM

To be fair Jaiden, this seems like an ok thread to me. Having been on both, I prefer the MK version far more. The Disneyland version moved way too fast to appreciate the scenery, the logs aren't as comfy, and the plot does makes more sense in Florida too.

November 21, 2015, 1:00 PM

I'm with Jaiden..
#dontfeedthetroll

November 21, 2015, 1:11 PM

#dontfeedthetroll

November 22, 2015, 3:17 PM

Than don't comment if you don't wanna feed the troll, commenting "don't feed the troll" makes it worse. SMH

November 22, 2015, 3:48 PM

Disneyland's version is better, in my opinion. The special effects are better, and has better warm up drops as well, which lead to the main drop. The main drop is better than Disney World's too. I like where Disneyland's version is located in the park better as well. I like the fact that Winnie the Pooh is directly across from it, and Haunted Mansion is close by.

November 22, 2015, 4:17 PM

There's nothing really "trolling" about this particular thread. At least here, apples are being compared to apples.

November 22, 2015, 4:40 PM

This thread is perfectly fine, no trolling intended. As for me, I prefer Disneyland´s version. It does move faster than the one at WDW but I kind of like that. The drop is steeper too and that´s the main reason why I like that version better.

November 22, 2015, 7:07 PM

This thread is fine. It provides arguments for both sides and does not indicate any fanboy behavior.

I prefer the WDW version. The side by side seating is more comfortable, especially for kids who are too scared to ride by themselves. Also, the story telling is better and I more wet on the final drop than I did at Disneyland (but the drop itself is better at DLR).

November 23, 2015, 6:58 AM

No this thread is not fine. themeparks98 lost any legitimacy to have any of his threads treated with any respect by being a total troll on his other threads.

You may want to reward that kind of behavior, but I don't. The dude just needs to leave the site - period.

November 23, 2015, 7:47 AM

@Tim Hillman
Exactly!

November 23, 2015, 10:24 AM

I can't help but to feed.... I enjoy it...

I think Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls is better. The hill\drop is so much faster and out preforms Disney's hill...

Splash Mountain Needs to change the angle... It is too far under obtuse for me..

November 24, 2015, 2:10 AM

If we're going to claim what a high-class, intelligent, superior-to-all-other sites Theme Park Insider is, I think we need to show some forgiveness along with high class and intelligence. themeparks98 started out trolling- whether intentionally or not- but this last thread was presented differently and openly. We know nothing about him/her, age, maturity, etc. Perhaps they have learned the ways of the TPI world and have gotten their act together. Any more trolling? Take away their food. If they continue to show a better understanding of what we do here and how we do it, then I think we have room for one more in the sandbox.

November 24, 2015, 7:10 AM

Sure James all are welcome, we should invite and enjoy...

Not sure about the High class intelligent part though, since I am a mouth breather... (Insert Darth Vader sound here.)

November 24, 2015, 7:34 AM

Tim is over here kicking people out of the site when is not even his :

November 24, 2015, 9:41 AM

A lot of us spent a fair amount of time to try to show themeparks98 where he was being unreasonable about his positions, but he kept on trolling because the whole purpose of his posts was not to start a discussion, but to troll. So, when themeparks98 admits that he was being a troll on his first three threads, then I'm open to treating his posts with a little respect.

And Giovanny, I'm sorry if my attitude towards people like themeparks98 offends you, but as the oldest active registered member of this site, I feel somewhat empowered to call out a troll or a Disney fanboy when they try to ruin the atmosphere on the Discussion Forum. Trust me, Robert will smack me down if I cross the line (and in case you were wondering, I've been warned to tone it down once or twice over the years).

November 27, 2015, 9:27 AM

Since this thread hasn't gone sideways yet, I will chime in.

I actually like WDW's a little better. I like the seating.

December 6, 2015, 8:06 PM

World over land in my opinion. The seating arrangement is nicer in MK and the story is told clearer partly because the ride is slower. I do think the drop in disneyland however is slightly sharper but you really can't tell a difference.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive