All Star Movie Resort Review

Edited: December 10, 2015, 3:00 PM

Recently stayed at Disney All Star Movie Resort and as expected, the check-in was a pleasure. The room was very disappointing. Found a dirty rolled up diaper in front of the door of the room next to mine. Room was clean but mattress squeaked, fan in bathroom made an extremely loud noise and there was no hair dryer in the room. You could hear the showers in the rooms next door (actually woke me up in the morning) and above and the kids running around in the room above mine. Not really quiet at all. Value hotel compared to Days Inn, but Days Inn offer FREE breakfast. Will not return to any Disney Value Hotels. You get what you pay for here!

Replies (3)

December 11, 2015, 6:36 AM

This is why Pop Century is far superior if you need to stay on-site in a value resort. The All-Star Resorts have notoriously thin walls because of the time they were built.

Edited: December 11, 2015, 8:53 AM

Pop Century is hardly any better. The moderate resorts have far better sound proofing. If noise and comfort are going to be what you desire, the value resorts just aren't for you. If it's a place just to sleep for the night then you really do get what you pay for, and that's what you should expect.

Edited: December 11, 2015, 12:55 PM

My experience is that Pop Century's sound proofing is better, primarily because Disney responded to the complaints from All Stars when designing and building Pop. I have found that it's even better than some of the moderate resorts like Port Orleans or Coranado Springs. Obviously, a lot has to do with who's around you, so perhaps I've been fortunate to stay with either very quiet or non-existent neighbors at Pop Century on 3 different occasions.

Nonetheless, the general reviews have always criticized All Stars for the thin walls and lack of soundproofing, complaints you don't see nearly as often in reviews of Pop Century.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive