Universal Hollywood July 2016

December 27, 2015, 2:32 AM

I am visiting Universal Studios Hollywood in July 2016. With it looking like no 2 day tickets available on the new ticket website (as I was planning popping in for the following morning when quiet to do a few re rides and make sure I do everything). It now looks like I would have to buy a front of line ticket to get everything in, or buy 2 single days. Cost isn't an issue as not much difference between 2 day and 1 day front of line.
Which option should I do? Front of line to get it all done in 1 day, so I can spend more time at Disney. Or 2 day tickets with only using morning of day 2 to get everything done?

Replies (3)

December 27, 2015, 12:36 PM

You definitely don't need two days at USH. The park has just over a dozen attractions and it is usually possible to do them in about 2/3 of a day. Wizarding World of Harry Potter will make the park into a full day park, but two days is just too much (especially with the park hours in July: 8 A.M.-11 P.M.). This is especially true if you have visited Universal Orlando, as almost everything at USH is a clone or near clone of attractions in Florida.

If you are visiting on a weekday, I suggest you just buy a regular ticket and skip the front of the line pass. In my opinion, that pass is a huge ripoff because it can only be used once at each attraction. While Wizarding World of Harry Potter is likely to be very crowded (I'm expecting 90-120 minute waits for Forbidden Journey all summer), the rest of the park's attractions generally peak in the 45-60 minute range. Additionally, if you party is willing to split up about half of the park's rides (Jurassic Park, Revenge of the Mummy, Transformers, and presumably Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey) offer Single Rider lines that will usually get you on the ride in about 20 minutes. I would only recommend the front of the line pass if you are forced to visit on a weekend, and even then you would probably be able to do everything without it...the pass is more of an insurance policy than anything, and one day with front of the line is cheaper than two days.

December 29, 2015, 11:59 AM

Completely agree with Mr Hummel. If you arrive near opening and leave near closing, then you could easily do each ride at least twice. Even with the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, there are only 9 rides at USH. My guess is that they discontinued the 2 day ticket because hardly anyone bought them. Personally, even with the WWHP, USH still feel like a 3/4 day park.

December 29, 2015, 6:07 PM

It is way too early to know what tickets they will sell to the public. Wait a bit longer at least until one month before your trip. They used to sell the season pass, which is buying one full priced day ticket and getting the rest of the year free. So the two day ticket is irrelevant since you'll buy the season pass.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive