Universal Hollywood in January

January 3, 2016, 2:41 PM

I'm planning to visit Universal Studios Hollywood on Tuesday Jan 26th. I know theme park crowds are pretty light immediately post holidays. Is it worth it to purchase the front of the line pass or will it be slow enough to breeze through the lines?

Replies (4)

January 3, 2016, 2:56 PM

It will be basically empty. Winter break is over and it's on a Tuesday.

January 3, 2016, 3:34 PM

Outside of holiday periods, off-season weekdays are often dead at USH so a front of the line pass would be a total waste on that day. I would be very surprised if anything is more than a 15 minute wait, and if it does happen to be unseasonably crowded and your group doesn't mind splitting up the three Lower Lot attractions all offer single rider lines that typically get you on in about 5 minutes. If you get there at opening and do the Lower Lot first, you can probably do everything except the two scheduled shows in about 3 hours, leaving plenty of time for those and any re-rides you wish to do.

January 3, 2016, 10:37 PM

Thank you both. That's very helpful!

January 9, 2016, 12:50 PM

Like AJ said, off-season weekdays are mostly empty so you won´t be needing a front of the line pass. However, I think it would be better to do the Studio Tour first thing in the morning, as that is usually the first ride to get up to 1 hour + wait time. The Fast & Furious supercharged finale is still the newest "attraction" at the park so it draws a lot of people into the tour. The lower lot attractions tend to remain in the 15 to 30 min wait time and if you do the single rider option then you´ll get on the rides pretty fast.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive