Transportation suggestions

January 4, 2016, 2:19 PM

Hey everyone, so me and my girlfriend are planning our yearly trip to florida and I have a question to ask everyone.

We normally go to Orlando for about 4-5 days and do 3 days in Universal. My plan for this trip is to do a week and do 3 days at Universal and 1 to possibly 2 days at Disney. If I wanted to avoid renting a car, is there any suggestions as to how I can get to Disney parks?

We would be staying at the new sapphire falls so universal property. any suggestions? feel free to ask me any questions if I left any info out. This would help me out alot.

Replies (8)

January 11, 2016, 12:28 PM

Nothing? :(

January 11, 2016, 2:21 PM

A round trip with Uber will cost you about $20. You can also take a Lynx bus, but then you have to work with a bus schedule which can yield mixed results and may take a chunk out of your day.

January 12, 2016, 7:28 AM

Totally forgot about Uber. Thanks

January 13, 2016, 2:37 PM

Again, are Uber drivers allowed to operate on WDW property?

January 13, 2016, 3:50 PM

TH, I responded to you on the other thread, but it seems to have gone by the wayside for some reason, so I'll just repeat myself here.

Uber drivers use their own vehicles to drive people, so it would be almost impossible for Disney to distinguish who's who when it comes to guest dropoffs/pickups. I'm not sure why they wouldn't allow Uber drivers to come through since their passengers pay just as much money as anyone else in attendance.

Edited: January 14, 2016, 1:30 AM

January 14, 2016, 7:00 PM

Alright I think I have an answer to this "Can Ubers operate on Disney property?" question. I guess you can use an Uber anywhere except

-Magic Kingdom, because only Disney buses/monorails/ferries go there. You can walk to The Contemporary and get an Uber from there, though during busy times the security guards at The Contemporary may not allow this.

-The Casitas at Coronado Springs Resort. You can get an Uber at the main building at CSR, just not in the Casitas sections themselves.

-Many spots in Disney Springs. The construction makes the rules on this change a lot, but basically, you can use Uber in Disney Springs, but will have to coordinate a pickup spot with your driver and that could be the parking garage, a valet area, bus stop, etc., and not necessarily where you're located.

-Only UberBlack (more on that below) can pick up at Orlando International Airport. Any level of Uber service can pick you up at Sanford airport though.

Here is the full article that I got this information from
http://wdwprepschool.com/how-uber-works-at-disney-world/

January 15, 2016, 8:31 AM

I havent used uber just yet, is the rate per person? I am going to be staying on universal property, can uber just drop you off at a disney park? and pick up at a disney park?

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive