Busch Gardens Williamsburg Posts Video Regarding 2017 Attraction

January 30, 2016, 5:29 PM

Yesterday Busch Gardens WIlliamsburg posted this video.

What do you all think of it? I'm guessing some sort of wooden coaster.

Replies (10)

January 31, 2016, 11:31 AM

January 31, 2016, 10:55 PM

Ah, Coaster Studios. A YouTube legend. His Facebook post is actually the reason why I found out about this.

February 1, 2016, 5:39 AM

@Juan Hamilton
That's how I find out about everything.

February 2, 2016, 8:45 AM

I believe that it will be an RMC wooden coaster. I doubt this park would be the first to have a T-Rex track coaster. I think Six Flags will buy the first one. Now the wing coaster idea is kind of neat and it really would be something to fly over the trees on a wing coaster. It would really show off the park's beautiful landscape. Doubt it will happen but it would be cool.

The wooden coaster will probably be similar to lightning rod at dollywood. Just a hunch.

February 2, 2016, 11:49 AM

The common rumor is that it will be a B&M Wing Coaster. The fact that they are teasing it now means that visible construction will likely need to start before the end of the 2016 season. I don't have any inside knowledge as of yet, but Busch Gardens/Sea World has strong relationship with B&M, which is why the wing coaster concept is getting the most traction right now.

February 3, 2016, 11:38 PM

I highly doubt it will be a wooden coaster due to noise issues and due to the fact that the company hasn't really shown interest in maintaining one. If it is a big coaster, I'm guessing it will be some sort of B&M. A wing coaster wouldn't surprise me, but there are also quite a few rumors about Kings Dominion getting a wing coaster in 2017, so a flyer would be my other guess. However, I really don't think it will be a big coaster. Honestly, I think something like Cobra's Curse is more likely since BGW doesn't really have a moderate intensity family coaster and they just got a thrill coaster (albeit a small one) last year.

February 4, 2016, 9:20 AM

AJ, Verbolten is their "moderate intensity family coaster". Unfortunately, with height restrictions passed down from the local and state regulators, I don't think they can build a coaster with any sort of intensity with a height requirement under 48", thus Verbolten becomes the first "big boy" coaster for kids at BGW. Big Bad Wolf used to fill that void with its 42" height requirement, but I don't think they could design a coaster with that level of intensity that regulators would allow to have a 42" requirement (I think BGW really wanted Verbolten to be 42", but got stuck with 48").

February 4, 2016, 4:40 PM

This just in! The new ride will be 60 feet at max. So yeah, its probably gooing to be a family ride.

Edited: February 4, 2016, 7:26 PM

BRING BACK BIG BAD WOLF OR ANOTHER VEKOMA FAMILY SUSPENDED COASTER!

February 5, 2016, 6:19 PM

Russell, I have not visited BGW since Verbolten opened and didn't realize it was a family coaster. I've always thought it was more of a thrill ride, but I guess looks can be deceiving. Anyway, based on what I know about the project I still think it will be some type of family coaster. I've seen the suggestion of a family wooden coaster elsewhere, and if not a spinner that could be a likely choice.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive