First Order vs. Resistance Ride

February 3, 2016, 12:37 PM

Do any of you have an idea of this supposed "First Order vs. Resistance" ride will be at Star Wars Land? I was thinking another 3D simulator like every single new theme park ride, but it may be something different. I don't think it will be a simulator because the Millennium Falcon ride is supposed to be that. I think it could be a trackless ride or a coaster. Any thoughts?

Replies (4)

February 3, 2016, 4:09 PM

It would be great if we get to chose a side to battle against.

Edited: February 3, 2016, 6:06 PM

My thought would be duelling indoor coasters, kind of Indiana Jones meets Space Mountain meets MIB. First order vs resistance in a dogfight with "lasers" and photon cannons, shooting at targets (animatronic enemy fighters) and each other with a good cinematic at the end announcing the winning team and perhaps MVP's.

February 3, 2016, 6:51 PM

I feel like it would be cool if they did something along the lines of Ratatouille but with much more violent movements.

February 3, 2016, 11:44 PM

I've heard two popular theories on what this ride will be: A boat ride similar to the new Pirates of the Caribbean attraction at Shanghai Disneyland, or a trackless dark ride. I'm pretty confident it will not be a roller coaster, and given that it will have the largest show building at the Disneyland Resort I highly doubt it will be a simulator type attraction (especially since the Millennium Falcon ride is said to be similar to Forbidden Journey). Personally, I'd like to see an interactive trackless dark ride where the actions of the riders determine the events of the ride, but I honestly have no clue what we'll end up with.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive