WDW Saratoga Treehouse Villas: A Horrible Experience

February 8, 2016, 8:08 PM

Our party of six are staying in the Treehouse Villas in Saratoga Springs. This place is an absolute hellhole. We were forced into this property because of our party size. The structure itself is quite aesthetic and comfortable, until you want to take a shower. After 1 shower, the next person had to wait 20 minutes for the hot water to come back on. With temperatures hitting 40 degrees (with rain), everyone in our party wanted a hot bath. It took 3 1/2 hours for this because of the water. Why aren't their tankless water heaters in these high capacity properties? Absolutely miserable when hot water runs out before filling a junior-sized bathtub.

The transportation here is atrocious! One bus is supposedly assigned to pick up people in the Villas in a continuous circuit, where they are then dropped off at a central hub within Saratoga to catch another bus. The problem is I've never seen this internal shuttle. We waited and waited and it never came, causing us to walk approximately one mile to the nearest bus station. Also, once we are picked up by a park bus, it made three additional stops within the resort---a task that took at least 15 minutes before we even left the resort. The most infuriating thing is the preponderance of multi-seated golf carts scurrying about EMPTY that are exclusively for the bellmen. Give the internal bus to the bellmen and let patrons use the golf cart to get to their Villa. I swear to God I almost stole one today out of anger.

Saratoga needs a separate bus for each location and allow golf cart shuttle service internally. And buy some damn tankless water heaters for these Villas.

Replies (7)

February 9, 2016, 6:06 AM

I'm sorry that you had such an obviously bad experience there, and appreciate that you're sharing this with other TPI readers who might be considering staying there, but I was wondering what you did about it? Did you contact the manager of the resort, especially when all of this was happening? I wonder what if anything they said or did about your unpleasant experience. Telling us about it is great, so that we might reconsider staying there in the future, but nobody in Theme Park Insider (probably) can do anything about your bad experience.

February 21, 2016, 9:53 AM

I read this a couple of days ago, but I was going to respond the same ways James did.

Disney cannot fix it unless you tell them. Are you a DVC member? They have member services that would be happy to listen to your thoughts, both good and bad. They can't improve unless they know what is work and what is not working.

As for the internal transportation, I hate to tell you that you could have done a little more research on that aspect. DVC resorts tend to not have the most efficient Disney transportation because there less guests and most of those guests are using their own cars. If you are staying at the treehouse (or Old Key West, or the main Saratoga Springs), you need to have your own car. With that being said, Disney should hear some of the feedback since I know this is one of the main complaints of DVCer.

While I appreciate the feedback and I have heard some guests make these complaints, posting them on TPI is probably not the most constructive place to do it. Write to Disney! I promise they will respond :)

Edited: February 26, 2016, 12:14 PM

What about the water taxis? They pick up and drop off at the Tree House docks (I know, because I've used them there)....SuperEgo19, try them out....much more fun than busses anyway, although they may take a bit more time. But like the other two writers said, inform the front desk NICELY but firmly, and see what they can do for you.

March 2, 2016, 10:14 AM

Still waiting for SuperEgo19 to respond to James' question. The delay makestme reconsider whether or not we are getting the entire story.

March 2, 2016, 10:53 AM

Should have gone to Universal Orlando...hahahahah - I had to....

March 2, 2016, 1:40 PM

TH, my thoughts exactly. That, and his name, makes me wonder about this situation.

March 7, 2016, 10:19 PM

I am part of a DVC group on Facebook (which ends up being unintentionally hilarious) and I have heard similar stories about Saratoga Springs. Sometimes people have had issues with the treehouses.

The point is whether they actually complained or not. DVC is usually very good at handling guest issues.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive