Cedar Point Fast Lane Advice?

February 14, 2016, 3:33 AM

We are staying at Breakers from 30th, June until 05th, July, 2016.

We are eventually spending 4 days at the park (1st-4th, July). Depending on weather, which day do you think will be most crowded?

Do you recommend to buy Fast Lane Plus in advance? How often do they sell out in the park and online?

Has anyone experienced that they sell out online weeks in advance?

We might preorder the passes for the 3rd or 2nd of July a few days before to check the weather, but now we are a little bit concerned about the availability...

Replies (4)

Edited: February 14, 2016, 11:00 AM

I don't really have any information about them selling out in advance on line. I assume they would keep some in reserve to sell at the park, but I think you are wise to wait, check the weather report for the days ahead and order them online when you know which day will be the best. Even with it being a holiday weekend I would be very surprised if they sold out ahead of time. I have seen them sold out at the park, but that was only later in the morning on busy days. Or you can always take your chances and buy them first thing when you walk into the park.
The Breakers front desk can tell you the closest place to buy them in the park. If you haven't been to CP before, there are two gates that you can use to get into the park from the Breakers. The Beach gate is right next to Windseeker and is the closest to the front part of the park. The Resorts gate is right next to Soak City and between Gemini and Magnum/XL, and closest to the back part of the park. Use the ERT and if Valravn is your goal, use the Beach gate. That will get you closest to Valravn.

Have a great time!

Edited: February 14, 2016, 12:06 PM

Thank you James for your detailed response!

We have been to the Point before, but never preordered fast lane online. I just did a live chat with a Cedar Point employee on their webpage and she stated that once they are sold out online, there won't be tickets available at the park.

February 14, 2016, 3:27 PM

Thanks for the info. I had never checked that out before. I hope all goes well for your visit.

February 14, 2016, 11:58 PM

When I used Fast Lane at Cedar Point there were plenty of passes available at the park that day. However, that was a weekday in late July, not a holiday weekend, so the same may not hold true. I would suggest keeping an eye on availability online as the date of your trip approaches (start checking in early June, and check back every couple days), and if one of your trip days sells out then buy them online ASAP. Unless Cedar Point operates differently from other Cedar Fair parks, if the passes are gone online then they won't be available at the park on that day. If none of the days sell out in advance, you're probably okay with waiting and purchasing the pass at the park, but make that your first stop in the morning after ERT ends.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive