Favorite Coaster Restraints

Edited: February 16, 2016, 5:30 PM

BREAKING NEWS!
Six Flags announces VR Coaster!
https://instagram.com/p/BB3gXVKkBal/

Whats your favorite? Here are some of mine.

B&M Clam shell

B&M OSTR

B&M Flying Coaster

Replies (9)

February 16, 2016, 3:36 PM

B&M Clam Shell hands down.

February 16, 2016, 4:41 PM

I can't comment on the B&M Clam Shells because there are no B&M Hypers west of Chicago, so I'm going to go with the RMC lap bars.

February 16, 2016, 4:44 PM

Mack restraints on blue fire and manta are the most comfortable restraints I have used. The B&M clamshell comes in at a close second.

February 16, 2016, 5:00 PM

For steel coasters, B&M's clam shell restraints followed by Intamin's T-bar design. Most other lap bar designs are good as well (except Premier...I like their coasters, but their lap bars are horribly uncomfortable). If you have to have an over the shoulder restraint, any of the B&M permutations beat any other manufacturers' versions. For wood coasters, there is a lot less variation, but I'm partial to GCI's lapbars (if the ride doesn't have buzz bars, that is). RMC restraints are also pretty comfortable on both types provided they aren't stapled.

February 16, 2016, 5:17 PM

@Juan Hamilton
Well I haven't been on an RMC so...

Also I forgot to mention the WONDERFULL Togo Manhattan Express restrains.

February 17, 2016, 7:25 AM

I do like the Over the shoulder ones like on Hulk and Manta or Dragon Challenge.

February 17, 2016, 6:01 PM

Flying restraints are the best for them, ahem, plus size people.

February 17, 2016, 6:52 PM

I agree with eonbroadway, the Mack restraints on their launched coasters are simply out of this world in terms of comfort and freedom. I wish that those trains were used on more coasters around the world.

February 21, 2016, 12:02 PM

@Redsoxfan1000 I'm so glad I'm not alone. I'm hoping more mack coasters like manta and blue fire come to american parks soon. With manta at Sea World San Diego, you can feel yourself floating after every hill and turn while still feeling secure. If only Intamin launch coasters had restraints that felt that way,

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive