Universal studios hollywood front of line pass?

February 20, 2016, 1:58 PM

Hi me and my god daughter and brother in law and sister in law are going to universal studios hollywood on August 19th and 20th so a Friday and saturday and I was wondering if I should get a front of the line pass or just a regular ticket to see the while park and tour

Replies (3)

February 20, 2016, 3:09 PM

Universal Studios Hollywood can generally be done in one day without a front of the line pass, so if you have two days you definitely do not need one. While the park will likely be busy (45-60 minute waits...longer in Wizarding World of Harry Potter), the number of attractions is fairly limited. Buy your tickets in advance to make use of early entry for Wizarding World of Harry Potter, then after you finish that area do the Lower Lot and you shouldn't have any problem getting everything done on your first day, leaving the second for revisiting your favorite attractions.

Edited: February 20, 2016, 4:35 PM

Agree with AJ... A front of the line USH pass is not needed. Epescially since your visiting in late August. Most schools in SoCal start back up on August 15, so August 19th should be quite empty. However, August 20 might be a bit crowded since its a Saturday. On August 19, expect wait times to average 10-30 mins with the exception of The Forbidden Journey which will probably be an hour. On August 20, expect wait times to average between 30-60 mins, also with the exception of The Forbidden Journey which will probably be around 1.5-2 hours. Plus, USH has less than 10 rides so if your visiting USH for 2 days, you'll probably get everything done 2-3 times without a front of the line pass. And Since USH is such a small park, I would reccomend only spending 1 day at USH and spending one day at Disneyland.

Edited: February 21, 2016, 11:58 AM

Honestly, I went to USH July Forth Weekend last summer. We did not buy front of the line passes and arrived at the park a half hour before it opened. We were able to get everything done with plenty of time to spare. As long as you get to the park early, you should be fine. Now when I went there was no WWOHP. My suggestion is to immediately start your day at the WWOHP. There is so much to do there and since it is new to the park, it will get exceptionally bussier as the day goes on. Even if you go to the WWOHP later on in the day though, and you notice that the wait for Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey has a wait for an hour or more, do know that the queue itself is worth spending a ton of time in. The queue is both long, elaborately detailed and lets not forget magical. There is so much to see when you are walking around hogwarts.

Put it this way, If you want to get on Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey as quickly as possible then I would go first thing in the morning. But, if you want to walk through the queue at your own pace, then I would go later in the day.

As for the rest of the park. Depending on whether or not you are going to the WWOHP first thing in the morning, I would then do the rides in the following order:

1. Studio Tour
2. Head down to the lower lot courtesy of escalators
3. Transformers the ride
4. Jurrasic Park
5. Revenge of the Mummy (no matter what time of day it is, you should be able to get multiple rides)
6. Head back up to the upper lot
7. The simpsons ride (Probably your longest wait that you will have during the day)
8. Despicable me
9. Shrek the ride or waterworld depending on showtimes
10. Special Effects show

And from there depending on time, you should go back and experience the rides you enjoyed the most. Also, both the wizarding world and the studio tour at night are both magnificent to see. The studio tour is slightly different at night because it feaatures live actors and additional scenes about creating night shots in film. The WWOHP at night is breathtaking with all of the laterns and the lights from Hogwarts.

If you have any questions about USH feel free to post them back on this forum. I'm more than glad to help.

Enjoy your trip!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive