DHS Announces New 'Star Wars' Themed Stage Show & Fireworks

February 20, 2016, 2:39 PM

Dubbed "Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away," the new performance will debut April 4. The park is also beginning a nightly "Star Wars" fireworks show and launching a recurring stormtroopers march.

Replies (2)

February 20, 2016, 5:03 PM

I heard across the board that the last Star Wars night show was fantastic, and since this one will feature projections, I'm sure it'll be even better. I'm also interested in hearing how the new stage show will be different from Hyperspace Hoopla.

February 21, 2016, 11:40 AM

Though I'm still skeptical about the daytime stage show, I'm extremely excited for the nightime show. It reminds me of Disneyland Forever in that the show uses projections on building facades as well as the use of fireworks and pyro. As long as the show isn't a total montage of Star Wars then it should be something incredible.

My 2 concerns are this:

1. Scheduling: How are they going to stagger the showtimes of Fantasmic and this new show without them overlapping?

2. The new daytime shows stage in front of the Great Movie Ride: I hope that the now permanent stage in front of the Chinese Theater will not block some sightlines for this new show.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive