Track Completed for Busch Gardens' Cobra's Curse

March 22, 2016, 11:37 AM

Workers at Busch Gardens Tampa on Saturday bolted into place the final piece of the track for the park's new family spinning coaster, Cobra's Curse.

Cobra's Curse track installation
Photos courtesy Busch Gardens

And here's a look at the now-completed track:

Cobra's Curse aerial view

From the park's press release,

The spin coaster will be the only one of its kind in the world, featuring a menacing 30,000-pound snake king icon and a 70-foot vertical lift that will take riders within inches of its 4-foot-long fangs. The three-and-a-half-minute ride will then spin forward, backward and then freely, taking riders on a whirlwind of exciting explorations.

Additionally, even before boarding the new ride, guests will be just inches away from a 400-cubic-foot snake exhibit in the queue line which will include Jameson’s mambas, Angolan pythons and rhinoceros and gaboon vipers. This multi-level exhibit reflects the theme of the ride while featuring several animal husbandry and enrichment components designed with the snakes’ welfare in mind, including naturalistic design elements, controlled heat sources and humidity control.

Cobra's Curse will open sometime this summer.

Replies (5)

March 22, 2016, 11:44 AM

Looks Lovely.... As I have said a Billions times, Busch Gardens Tampa is the most underrated park in Florida..

Track looks a lot like Cheetah Chase coaster..

March 22, 2016, 12:12 PM

@Brian Emery
Yes *Cheetah Hunt* is an Intamin and Mack (Cobra's Curse Manufacture) have the same track type.

March 22, 2016, 1:11 PM

Let's hope for a smooth opening. Cheetah Hunt didn't have the best of starts, Falcon's Fury even moreso, and I have a feeling that elevator lift is going to give them problems.

March 22, 2016, 5:40 PM

@James Trexen
Keep in mind... Cheetah Hunt is an Intamin, a company so unreliable with new attractions that Maverickat Cedar Point had to have new track made after test runs. I also believe Falcon's Fury is an Intamin as well. Mack to my knowlage has a good record.

March 28, 2016, 9:49 AM

Mack has an exceptionally good record. They take their time with their rides which ultiamtely causes low amounts of downtime. I really don't have any complaints with Mack other than more theme parks in the US should build more rides from them.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive