Let's break down the new Disneyland Main Street Electrical Parade commercial

Edited: January 3, 2017, 4:54 PM

The Disneyland Resort has dropped a nostalgia-fueled TV ad campaign to promote the limited-time return of the Main Street Electrical Parade to its original park.

Let's break down the references:

The 64658 on the warehouse door is the zip code for Marceline, Mo., the town where Walt Disney grew up.

The doors open to reveal a Skyway bucket sliding in front of Skull Rock.

That's followed by a high shot that includes the old Disneyland sign, the Star Jets, and that Skybucket again. On the far right is the Mighty Microscope and a Dumbo vehicle. There's an old popcorn cart in the middle, and four heads with tricorner hats on the left side, but I can't place those. (Thanks to @WC_Intern for pointing out on Twitter that they are from America on Parade.)

The next shot features Captain Rex from the original Star Tours, an old Autopia car, Sam the Eagle from America Sings, a PeopleMover car (thanks @SpaceScreamJohn!), and the original Yeti from Matterhorn Bobsleds.

From there, the woman walks past a collection of old attraction posters and several princess dresses. A flying saucer floats past, then as she greets the old man, we see the Nautilus in the background. (Are we cheating there? When was the Nautilus part of a Disneyland ride? Weren't they just at Disney World?)

The woman plugs in a green light, then we draw back to see the familiar floats of the MSEP.

Anyone see anything else?

Replies (5)

January 3, 2017, 3:42 PM

I spy the sea serpent from the finale of the original Submarine Voyage, in the wide shot below the old Disneyland marquee.

Edited: January 3, 2017, 3:43 PM

Answer on the Nautilus:

January 5, 2017, 2:57 AM

I wish i could get a job at Disneyland.

January 5, 2017, 3:29 PM

That collection of old attraction posters she walks past? Tom Sawyer Island (now Pirates Cove), The Mickey Mouse Club Theater Featuring Jimmy Dodd's 3-D Jamboree (now Pinocchio's Daring Journey) and the original Submarine Ride (Now the Finding Nemo ride). I think there may be some amount of symbolism there regarding attractions that have undergone fairly significant transformations?

January 6, 2017, 11:38 AM

This. This is the reason I love these discussion boards!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive