What's the worst thing you've eaten in a park - that other people liked?

October 17, 2018, 10:31 PM

Title says it all. For me, the topped mac and cheese dishes at Walt Disney World are just awful. But many people swear by them.

I just swear at them.

For you?

Replies (14)

October 18, 2018, 6:45 PM

Boysenberry Boba at Knottā€™s Boysenberry Festival. Yuk. Tastes like bad milkshake.

October 20, 2018, 3:11 PM

I cant stand Butterbeer, I'm not sure why others love it so much. Way too much sugar for me. I will admit that i havent tried the frozen butterbeer which may be better ...

October 20, 2018, 7:24 PM

Butterbeer is good for a sip or two. We bought one and shared between the four of us and it was good.

I hate churros

October 21, 2018, 10:45 AM

Anything from Mama Melrose

October 23, 2018, 3:17 PM

Disneyland's Corn dogs and Dole Whip. I honestly don't dislike either, but I never want to buy one just for myself. The Corn dog isn't enough to be a real meal, but after I eat one, I never want to have an actual meal, and I'd much rather sit down, relax and enjoy a good meal than just eat a corn dog on the go. Dole Whip is another thing that I never want to finish. I really enjoy the Orange Whip swirled with vanilla soft serve in the Magic Kingdom, but a full serving of pineapple Dole Whip is too much.

October 23, 2018, 5:11 PM

I'll second churros.

People seem to love them & I've tried them a few times, thinking maybe I was too harsh or perhaps I missed something......Nope, lol. Just don't like them!

October 24, 2018, 4:08 AM

Butterbeer ... Way too much sugar.

Edited: October 24, 2018, 7:36 AM

Anything from Tony's Town Square at MK. The absolute WORST food we've ever eaten on Disney property.

Oh...don't like turkey legs either.

October 24, 2018, 4:07 PM

Sarah - How could I have forgotten Turkey Legs? They are the most disgusting thing ever. Don't get me wrong, I love Turkey. I am also in no way squeamish about eating meat off a bone either; but these prehistoric knots of grizzle salt and skin just make me wanna hurl! Maybe my dislike also has something to do with all of the discarded mostly eaten legs I've pulled out from behind planter beds and under benches with plastic gloves on. So nasty. Yes...above all is the Turkey Leg. Hard Pass.

Edited: October 24, 2018, 5:41 PM

The Kim-chi dog at Food and Wine... People around me seemed to enjoy it way too much. I like Kim-chi. The wife likes Kim-chi... neither of us liked the Kim-chi dog.

October 25, 2018, 6:53 AM

Rob - For years I observed people walking around with these monstrosities. Chicken and turkey are my favorite meats so I finally asked myself why I've never tried it, beyond the "looking like Fred Flintstone" stereotype that accompanies it. I made it through 2 bites...next stop, the trashcan. People adore these and I don't know why.

October 25, 2018, 7:31 AM

Have to agree with the corn dog. Never really developed a taste for it. I will say turkey legs are just OK, but I had one years ago at DHS when it was MGM and it was amazing, but I have never had one as good since. Love Butterbeer in all the iterations and Dole Whips.

But the main thing I don't care for at theme parks that others do is ... alcohol. I do drink from time to time, and enjoy all types of beverages. I just feel that it takes you out of the experience and purpose. If I am at the beer garden in EPCOT, and it is my last night there, I will have a stein of beer, but otherwise, I do not want to pay a million dollars per drink and diminish my experience of the parks. I also think there was a good reason that Walt wanted it out.

October 25, 2018, 10:34 AM

That horrible fried cheese and spinach thing at the France pavilion during food and wine... eww.

Edited: October 27, 2018, 2:15 AM

Honestly I think every food offering at every park in the world is a rip, but there is such huge demand for many of these places its actually kind of comical. I took a girl I was dating to Chef Mickeys once and it was over $80 for the two of us, and this was years ago. A family of 4 is paying $160 for a crappy buffet just to get their pictures with a couple characters and that's on top of everything else they are paying for on their vacation (plane tix or gas, park tix, hotels, other meals). And now think about the fact that its almost impossible to get dinner reservations here unless you book 3+ months in advance, that's absolutely amazing to me. Cinderella's Royal Table is $80 a person and you have to pay in advance or you can't make a reservation...so $320 for a family of four, and its ALWAYS booked solid, you can't get reservations there without months in advance period. Talk about inelastic demand, that's just absolutely nuts when you think about how much money people are willing to spend to have the Disney experience. IMO the food is just as good at Golden Corral as it is at these places.

I've never gone to a park where I thought the food was worth the price and i've been to pretty much every major park in the world (including Knoebels, which BTW the food is not cheap like people say it is). It's been many years since I actually ate at a park and before that I only would once every blue moon. The breadbowl in New Orleans Square at Disneyland is really good but you can probably get that at Panera for cheaper.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive