What are your best tips for visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter?

August 14, 2014, 10:49 AM

For everyone who's visited Harry Potter at Universal Orlando (and, heck, at Universal Studios Japan), we're looking for the best advice you'd offer other visitors coming to see the Wizarding Worlds for the first time.

What's the best time to visit? What are the best things to eat, the best deals on merchandise, the best tips to get the most from the experience?

And, what did you wish you knew before you visited but didn't back then?

Thanks in advance.

Replies (3)

August 15, 2014, 1:31 PM

Top replies from our Facebook discussion on this topic:

1. Use the single rider queue for Forbidden Journey.

2. They not to carry anything extra when riding FJ and Gringotts, to avoid having to use the lockers.

3. Look into staying at an on-site hotel to get the extra hour of early access, before the land opens to the rest of the public.

4. I didn't know this, but you can get a discounted price on Universal Express after 4pm? If you're not staying at one of the three deluxe on-site hotels (where Express is included with your room price), buying the Express ticket allows you to quickly knock off the rest of the attractions in the park, allowing you to spend the morning at the Wizarding World (where Express is not accepted at FL and Gringotts), without having to worry about lines in the rest of the park for the rest of the day.

I'll also throw in this: Don't get a Butterbeer at the Butterbeer cart in Hogsmeade if there's a line for it. Try in the Hog's Head instead, or on of the many Butterbeer locations in Diagon Alley.

August 17, 2014, 4:50 PM

I went to orlando and my best tips are:

1. Go to Gringotts when you get there. We waited to get there because it was 3 hours of wait so we went again the next day. 3 and a half hours.

2. know were you wanna go because you can stay in both harry potters a entire day.

3. know your harry potter house. I bought like 10 things of my house (slytherin) its awesome to be in the harry potter mood

4. dont loose time in the park. if you don't wanna go to a attraction don't stay in the line because yes. move on

5. enjoy your day. never forget that you can go to both parks (something I recommend is not to stay in just one park buy the park to park and go to both) so you don't go out of the harry potter mood.

6. watch the movie or read the book. if you don't you will get lost and won't enjoy it.

August 19, 2014, 6:53 AM

I think it should be the first ride you should go on because it has such a long waiting period.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive