What are your best tips for visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter?
Robert NilesSubmitted by
Published: August 14, 2014 at 10:49 AM For everyone who's visited Harry Potter at Universal Orlando (and, heck, at Universal Studios Japan), we're looking for the best advice you'd offer other visitors coming to see the Wizarding Worlds for the first time.
What's the best time to visit? What are the best things to eat, the best deals on merchandise, the best tips to get the most from the experience?
And, what did you wish you knew before you visited but didn't back then?
Thanks in advance.
Please take a moment to share this post, and encourage others to reply!Tweet
From Robert Niles on August 15, 2014 at 1:31 PMTop replies from our Facebook discussion on this topic:
1. Use the single rider queue for Forbidden Journey.
2. They not to carry anything extra when riding FJ and Gringotts, to avoid having to use the lockers.
3. Look into staying at an on-site hotel to get the extra hour of early access, before the land opens to the rest of the public.
4. I didn't know this, but you can get a discounted price on Universal Express after 4pm? If you're not staying at one of the three deluxe on-site hotels (where Express is included with your room price), buying the Express ticket allows you to quickly knock off the rest of the attractions in the park, allowing you to spend the morning at the Wizarding World (where Express is not accepted at FL and Gringotts), without having to worry about lines in the rest of the park for the rest of the day.
I'll also throw in this: Don't get a Butterbeer at the Butterbeer cart in Hogsmeade if there's a line for it. Try in the Hog's Head instead, or on of the many Butterbeer locations in Diagon Alley.
From luca ferracuti on August 17, 2014 at 4:50 PMI went to orlando and my best tips are:
1. Go to Gringotts when you get there. We waited to get there because it was 3 hours of wait so we went again the next day. 3 and a half hours.
2. know were you wanna go because you can stay in both harry potters a entire day.
3. know your harry potter house. I bought like 10 things of my house (slytherin) its awesome to be in the harry potter mood
4. dont loose time in the park. if you don't wanna go to a attraction don't stay in the line because yes. move on
5. enjoy your day. never forget that you can go to both parks (something I recommend is not to stay in just one park buy the park to park and go to both) so you don't go out of the harry potter mood.
6. watch the movie or read the book. if you don't you will get lost and won't enjoy it.
From Alec Vergara on August 19, 2014 at 6:53 AMI think it should be the first ride you should go on because it has such a long waiting period.
How to save money on a Disney World trip
Insider's Pick: You can afford that Walt Disney World family vacation of your dreams. Get started with 102 Ways to Save Money For and At Walt Disney World, a great guide to planning an affordable trip to the Vacation Capital of the World. Why wait? The sooner you start saving, the sooner you and your family will be enjoying your vacation!
Top U.S. Theme Parks
Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom
Other Top International Parks
Features, News and Advice
"Stories from a Theme Park Insider"
Theme Park Insider Guidebooks