Sorry about the messages

August 24, 2014, 1:12 PM

It appears that some first-class loser, who's now no longer a member of the website, decided to use the site's messaging feature to send a bunch of insulting emails to people last night.

Sorry about that. People have to be registered members of the site to use the messaging feature, which up until now has helped ensure that people use the messaging feature responsibly. I've banned the offending sender, and taken the messaging function offline for the time being, as I look to design a way to prevent similar abuse of the system.

Again, I apologize for the jerk's behavior and I'm working to ensure that we do everything we can to keep jerks off the site now and in the future.

Thanks for your patience,
Robert

Replies (21)

August 24, 2014, 1:31 PM

thanks for telling us. I didn't receive any email but its good to know that the site is telling us when something goes wrong.

Edited: August 24, 2014, 1:32 PM

Been here almost seven years and never had a problem. Guess I was overdue. However, I pretty much deserved everything that was sent to me. I am a big, stinking %$#&@*&%$ with a piece of &^$*#@^ for a brain. Totally deserved. ;)

Thanks for acting so quickly, Mr. Niles.

August 24, 2014, 7:22 PM

Can you fix the edit function of the discussion thread? You can't edit the description of the new topic.

August 24, 2014, 7:38 PM

No need to apologize. You can't be expected to control that sort of nonsense.

August 24, 2014, 8:56 PM

I'll look into that one, Anon. Is there a specific thread that you wanted to change, and couldn't?

August 25, 2014, 7:09 AM

I'm deeply offended that the messenger used the incorrect tense and no punctuation in his rather feeble attempt to blast us. Theme Park Insider is an awesome site, and we deserve better and more imaginative insults than that. ;^)

August 25, 2014, 7:54 AM

The edit button doesn't work when you post a new topic. I'm not sure if that is by design or just an unintended glitch. As of now you are forced to write your article in a separate word processor, proof read and correct mistakes, THEN post your article. Currently it is impossible to use the edit button on posted topics. Clicking the edit button just hyperlinks you to the discussion forum page.

August 25, 2014, 11:05 AM

Okay. Gimme a bit. It works for me, but I've got to log in with a non-administrator account to see what's happening, then I'll go in and mess around with the code. Sorry about that!

August 25, 2014, 11:28 AM

No worries just trying to explain the problem the best I could. Better to work off an explanation to try and pin point the problem rather than just saying "it isn't working."

August 25, 2014, 12:19 PM

I'm insulted that I wasn't insulted.

August 25, 2014, 12:44 PM

Hey Tony - You are a D-bag - I hope you feel better now...
Just Kidding.....

August 25, 2014, 1:08 PM

James, don't be so hard on yourself. You're just a small, slightly smelly %$#&@ with only a very small piece of &^$#@^ for brains. I always stand up for my friends. :+)

August 25, 2014, 1:45 PM

Don't feel bad, Tony- I wasn't insulted either, not even by Jeff Elliott...gee, and I thought he was my friend. :+(

August 25, 2014, 2:06 PM

Tony im also insulted is like if there was a event and we didn't participate. hahahahah

August 25, 2014, 2:28 PM

Oh, wow. I feel stupid. Er, stupider. Er, stoopid-er. ;^) I misnamed the link to the editing window for non-admins. That was just a really, really dumb bug in the thread template itself. (Which explains why I never could find the error in the editing template.)

Really embarrassed by that one. Sorry! But it does appear to be fixed now.

August 25, 2014, 4:27 PM

Thanks, Jim, I feel better now.

August 25, 2014, 5:01 PM

What are friends for?

August 25, 2014, 5:10 PM

A friend is someone who comforts and consoles you while you wait for an hour to ride a 17 second coaster (Top Thrill Dragster).

WHERE WERE YOU WHILE FUN TV ATE MY BRAIN, JIM KOEHL!!!!????

Just kidding...I know you had more important things to do... *sniff*

August 25, 2014, 5:35 PM

Win with the detailed explanation.

August 26, 2014, 4:19 PM

Thanks Brian, takes one to know one. Na Na Na Na Na!

I feel better now.

August 26, 2014, 10:02 PM

Well, I must not be important enough...:)

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive