Minion Land soft opens at Universal Studios Florida

Edited: June 17, 2023, 12:37 PM

The Minion Cafe restaurant and adjacent shops soft opened this morning at Universal Studios Florida.

Since I'm in California right now, I can't bring you a first-person report, but I wanted to open this discussion for our readers in or visiting Orlando to leave any comments or observations.

Did you eat anything? Buy anything? What did you think? If you have pictures or video to share, please email me (link under "Contact" at bottom of the page), and I'll get those up on the front page. Thanks!

Universal has not announced an official opening date for Minion Land, nor for the Villain-Con Minion Blast attraction that is taking over the old Shrek building. Stay tuned for that.

Replies (4)

June 19, 2023, 9:44 AM

Will be going in October for HHN so looking forward to seeing in person and trying some of the food. All though the spruce up of that area seems to look nice I don't think we can call this a "land". I do like that entry sign but those huge movie studio buildings to me will make it impossible to make this feel and look like a land.

June 19, 2023, 9:54 AM

It's definitely not a land, as such. Just a cleaner and newer look to the buildings on the right as you walk from the entrance towards the Mummy ride.

Away from Minions, gotta say the jurassic park tribute 'store' is awesome.

June 21, 2023, 9:27 AM

The Orlando Informer guy went and sampled every thing the other day..
(Just saying).

June 21, 2023, 11:16 AM

@Brian thanks for the heads up went to take a look. Easy to find just google "Orlando Informer minion cafe" and it came right up.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive