New Company, DreamVision, Announces Parks for Texas, Alabama

February 9, 2015, 11:21 AM

From its press release:

Located in Fort Worth’s Metroplex region and slated to open in 2020, DreamVision Mountain/DreamScape, Texas will transport guests through multiple themed lands and attractions. Rising up in the center of the park will be the iconic DreamVision Mountain, a towering winter wonderland and one of the largest indoor winter snow experiences in the world, featuring winter sports like skiing, snowboarding and bobsledding. The realistic winter landscape, inspired by the artwork of Thomas Kinkade, will be created by technology developed by Malcolm Clulow, the foremost expert in indoor snowmaking. Themed lands, including Dreamscape Tinsel Town, Nadia’s Storybook Land and Dreamscape Metropolis, will surround DreamVision Mountain, each offering unique attractions, rides and adventures.

Plans for a second theme park in Muscle Shoals, Alabama will be announced February 11 at an 11 a.m. CST press conference at the Marriott Shoals Hotel.

According to [DreamVision CEO] Rick Silanskas, the company has already begun pre-development on the parks. “Although they are being built simultaneously, each has separate themes, rides and attractions that embody the DreamVision family brand,” he said.

Since 2002, Silanskas, a producer, musician and composer, who has created award winning work for the motion picture, television and animation industries, has assembled a team of top entertainment industry professionals, among them chief creative officer Ron Logan, previously executive vice president and executive producer for Walt Disney Entertainment and the force behind the Broadway production of “Beauty and the Beast,” and president Vince Silanskas, a former Walt Disney World executive.

DreamVision has added Dave Goodman, a longtime entertainment executive, to head up the theme park division. Goodman is a former vice president of entertainment and executive producer at Disneyland Resort and has held executive level positions at Walt Disney Special Events Group and Busch Entertainment Corporation.

Thoughts?

Replies (4)

February 9, 2015, 11:22 AM

I hate feeling like the buzzkill, but experience teaches me that the more ambitious an announced project from a company that hasn't built parks before, the less likely I am to believe that it will happen. That said, if someone on the ground in the DFW area has any insider information to share that supports this happening, I'd love to hear it.

February 9, 2015, 3:45 PM

Hard Rock Park Situation vs Reality: Round 2

February 11, 2015, 12:57 PM

That's a nice team...but there was nothing said about money...and in these cases money is the most important thing...where it is coming from, how much, and who has controlling interest...

While the team looks impressive and appears to have experience running a park, none of them have any experience building a park from the ground up. And why would they want to start over from scratch when they could have started with a cheap, half build park like Hard Rock Park, or go with some properties that are for sale like Elitches or Magic Springs...

Edited: February 11, 2015, 2:52 PM

Some former Disney executives. This doesn't mean much actually. Show me the money. Disney's game increased substantially and even they won't build in Texas. Not all things turn to gold especially for Disney. Know your strengths. I just hope they won't just build roller coasters and carnival spinners.

I prefer Legoland's model. Take a failing park and turn it around.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive