Holiday World posts first test launch of Thunderbird

March 8, 2015, 2:38 PM

Holiday World yesterday conducted the first test launch of its new B&M wing coaster, Thunderbird.

Thunderbird opens to the press on April 23, and we will be in Santa Claus, Indiana for the debut, posting on-ride video and a review that evening.

Replies (5)

March 8, 2015, 3:49 PM

Looks sweet! The Rao Family, including members of the Koehl Family, will be hitting Holiday World this summer. I think I can speak for all of us when I say that we are very much looking forward to Holiday World's first big boy steel coaster!

March 8, 2015, 7:00 PM

We'll be there the week after Memorial Day. Cannot wait to experience Holiday World for the first time in about 6 years. We'll also be hitting Six Flags St. Louis (hopefully Justice League will be open) and Six Flags Great America on the same trip!!

March 8, 2015, 7:09 PM

Russell, we'll miss you by a week. My son and I will be meeting the Rao family there the week after you're there.

March 8, 2015, 7:13 PM

I just made my first visit to Holiday World last year and while it will probably be a good long time before I head back, additions like these are certainly exciting to look forward to.

March 8, 2015, 8:23 PM

While Thunderbird isn't the biggest or best new for 2015 coaster, I still think it's going to be a great ride. It's an excellent fit for Holiday World and I hope it will prove that wing coasters aren't just a gimmick (the wing coasters I've ridden, GateKeeper and X-Flight, were both good but not great IMO). While it's very unlikely I'll get to Holiday World this year (especially since I just visited last year), it's one of my favorite parks and this coaster absolutely makes it a must visit on my next Midwest theme park trip.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive