If you could spend all day on one attraction, which would it be?

March 7, 2016, 4:09 PM

Inspired by my response to the "visiting a park injured" thread, I thought I would ask this silly question:

If you could spend the entire day on one attraction, which one would it be?

In my other answer, I mentioned spending the day in Animation Academy, and with different characters for each session, I'd definitely see myself enjoying that. I don't think I could do a roller coaster all day at my age anymore. And sitting in shows for multiple viewings gives me flashbacks to that one time in Bear Band....

So I'm going with Animation Academy, though I am sure someone will offer an answer that I forgot and that will cause me to switch, later in the thread.

What's your answer?

Replies (42)

March 7, 2016, 4:40 PM

I rode the Calico Mine Train for the 4th time yesterday and I would probably spend my time on that ride. Although the dark ride doesn't tell a story, the theming is absolutely incredible.

March 7, 2016, 4:42 PM

I think mine would Have to be splash mountain , I just love that ride, it doesn't get old at all, I always find something new every time I ride it, there's so many details that there's always one small thing that I miss. It has thrills and perfect theme.

March 7, 2016, 5:56 PM

Splash Mountain for me too. But not on a chilly day, of course.

Edited: March 7, 2016, 6:04 PM

That is a very tough question. I'd probably have to pick either Toy Story Midway Mania, where I could attempt to get the all time high score, or Radiator Springs Racers, which has just about the right amount of various elements to avoid getting sick of anything. Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean are other really good choices, though those would probably get old after 2-4 hours of constant cycling, and most of the more intense rides would be difficult to tolerate for extended periods (I'd pick Indiana Jones Adventure otherwise, but after a few hours I'd likely be ready to pay for an exit). If I were forced to do a 10 hour session on a roller coaster, however, I'd probably pick either a Mega Coaster or Accelerator Coaster, as those rides are thrilling enough to remain enjoyable yet not so extreme that they can't be ridden repetitively and are generally very smooth.

Edited: March 7, 2016, 9:18 PM

Kilimanjaro Safaris!
It would be interesting to find how many different animal encounters would happen based on the various times of the day. I'd also interact with the driver/tour guide from the front row to gain more insight about the attraction, the animals, and the park in general. Maybe hear some good "war stories" about cast member experiences on the job.

March 7, 2016, 10:14 PM

To be different, I will say Haunted Mansion. Looks like it has some comfy chairs!

March 8, 2016, 5:09 AM

Star Tours. Every. Combination. Ever.

March 8, 2016, 5:38 AM

Jungle Cruise at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom park.

March 8, 2016, 7:27 AM

Three words...
Tower. of. Terror!!!!!
I could easily spend all day on it and never get bored.
Love it, so much!

March 8, 2016, 7:45 AM

WWOHP - Forbidden Journey.

March 8, 2016, 7:59 AM

Revenge of the Mummy at Universal Orlando

March 8, 2016, 8:03 AM

Men in Black without a doubt.

March 8, 2016, 9:13 AM

At Universal I would choose either Men in Black or Amazing Spiderman, these are just fun rides to be on and it would be nice to wrack up the high score in MIB. At Disney World it would be a toss up between Magic Kingdoms Jungle Cruise or Animal Kingdoms Kilimanjaro Safaris. These may not be the most thrilling attractions but I just haven't been on a ride that has the kind of character interaction as there is between the boat captains and the riders of Jungle Cruise, the Safaris because it would be nice to see how the animals behaviours change as the day goes on.

March 8, 2016, 10:38 AM

I think you have the best answer Robert. These people are crazy with choosing a ride. There is no way you would want to do that all day if you really think about it. A show would get boring also. I think people watching would be a good choice too.... Or maybe Tom Sawyers island.

March 8, 2016, 11:20 AM

Thanks, David.

Having spent the entire day on TSI before, I discounted that answer. But, yeah, it's a solid choice for someone who hasn't done that yet.

As for the shooters, those are strong choices, too, though I think that my interest would wane after I started hitting the max score regularly... if the spinning on some of those rides didn't do me in first.

March 8, 2016, 2:43 PM

The Backlot Tour. No way I would last a day continuously riding a roller coaster.

March 8, 2016, 3:17 PM

Once it's finally up and running again, I'd say the Disneyland Railroad. With nearly all of Disneyland to be seen, there'd be plenty of variety. Plus plenty of station stops. And you actually could do this - they never force you off of the trains!

Among attraction I haven't experienced, I'd suspect Tokyo DisneySea's Fortress Explorations could also sustain an entire day, much like Tom Sawyer Island.

Edited: March 8, 2016, 3:17 PM

Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean

March 8, 2016, 4:10 PM

Tower of Terror (DHS)

Edited: March 8, 2016, 4:24 PM

I thought about picking a smooth, thrilling coaster (Apollo's Chariot comes to mind), but being outside could be a problem long term, so I'll say DL's Pirates.

However, I also like the idea of the WDW train, TSI, or the Safaris at DAK. Soarin' might also be a good option.

Lastly, if all I wanted to do was catch up on a days' worth of sleep, Hall of Presidents would be very hard to beat!

March 8, 2016, 8:00 PM

I love me some Splash Mountain, but I don't think I could do a full day's worth. Instead, I will go with the Tower of Terror, DHS only.

March 9, 2016, 8:39 AM

I think any attraction all day long would be too much to handle, however if I had to choose, I would travel back in time and choose either kongfrontation or Jaws. (in this scenario they would not break down the whole day). I think the employee/actor interaction would be fun to see from performance to performance.

March 9, 2016, 10:20 AM

For me it would definitely be Men In Black at USO. I have already experienced riding it three to five consecutive times in a row in one visit. Each time you ride you have several variables out of your control such as which side you end up riding on and how experienced the group you're riding with is with the "game". I've gone from riding with a happy go lucky group of Brits to a car full of folks that didn't speak any English at all (and were wondering why this odd American fellow was so good at gaining a high score). Each ride makes for a fun and interesting experience. I could see how it would get old if you were to continually ride it for three hours or so. Usually my limit is five times in a row in one visit.

March 9, 2016, 1:17 PM

@colandoj
I want to that! That would be fun.

March 9, 2016, 2:04 PM

I would either pick the jurassic park river adventure at Islands of adventure or splash mountain at magic kingdom.

Edited: March 9, 2016, 6:38 PM

I would think Small World is one ride that lasts a lifetime. I can never get enough of Peter Pan. You never have to get off the Disneyland Railroad, just saying.

March 9, 2016, 9:40 PM

I think the railroad is a good choice too that is also doable just like TSI and animation academy.

March 10, 2016, 7:33 AM

@Anon Mouse,

You really think you would be able to handle small world for a whole day? I think that would be rough and would make me go insane.

March 10, 2016, 8:26 AM

@col: You didn't read my line properly. I said one ride lasts a lifetime.

March 10, 2016, 10:19 AM

oh, I did read it wrong. haha my mistake, yea it does last a lifetime.

March 10, 2016, 11:32 AM

Test track. Every conceivable car design.

March 15, 2016, 7:14 PM

Incredible Hulk, and thats even before the improvements

March 16, 2016, 6:14 AM

Anon, I'm glad you clarified your comment. I saw a video of a guy trapped on iasw for a half hour- his wife posted it. He was slowly pounding his head on the side of the boat, asking "What level of hell are we in now?"

March 16, 2016, 10:39 AM

Tomorrowland Transit Authority. Scenic. Relaxing. Comfortable. Social.

March 16, 2016, 7:09 PM

For me, it's a tough choice between MIB, Haunted Mansion or Pirates. Though, honestly, I could totally see wasting at least half a day with re-rides of Everest.... even with the Disco Yeti....

March 28, 2016, 6:47 PM

Kilimanjaro Safaris, for me.

March 29, 2016, 6:47 AM

Anon and James Koehl, If you have Netflix go watch the movie Escape from Tomorrow. Kind of an awkward movie, however it is a creepy take on Disney World. There is a scene on Its a small world that will change your view of the ride.

March 29, 2016, 7:07 AM

@colandoj
I wanted to watch that one. If its on Netflix I defiantly will.

March 29, 2016, 7:22 AM

@Jaiden,

Yea it's still on there. It is a messed up movie given the fact that it's filmed at Disney.

March 30, 2016, 7:28 AM

I'd have to mute the narration, and sit on a pillow, but I'd go with Living with the Land at EPCOT.

March 30, 2016, 10:59 AM

Definitely Men in Black for me. I've already done it for over 2 hours straight, and probably could stay engaged on it for an entire day. In the past, after I score 999,999, I'll deliberately try to make it more difficult for myself by trying to achieve the high score without the bonus or without hitting exhaust ports.

If I had to choose a coaster, it would probably be Alpengeist, again because I've already marathoned it before (52 times straight including once in each of the 32 seats).

March 31, 2016, 5:44 PM

*Hipster answer incoming* Probably the Karacho rollercoaster at Tripsdrill, Germany. It's a small rollercoaster in a small themepark, but is so much fun, and even though it has 4 inversions, I would not consider it really intense, that's why I think I could ride it for a very long time. It is a launched Gerstlauer Infinitycoaster built 2013.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive