Giving thanks, as theme park fans
Written by Robert Niles
As a theme park fan, I am thankful for...Tweet
- Advance sale, print at home tickets
- Free parking, drinks and sunscreen at Holiday World
These turkeys are having a much better Thanksgiving than most….
- Free WiFi at the Disneyland hotels and Six Flags Cyber Cafes (everyone else in the industry, do you hear this?)
- "My France…"
- Hitting the flashing red button first
- Real, metal utensils with theme park meals
- That the Tiki Room is no longer "Under New Management"
- Catching a flying biscuit from Miss Lillian
- That I no longer have to wear a "Randy" nametag in the presence of elderly English ladies
- Butterbeer (and I would be even more thankful if I actually had a Butterbeer right now)
- Popcorn lights on Main Street at sundown
- Every time a cast member/team member/employee looks a guest in the eyes and smiles
- Every time a guest returns the smile
- And, of course, readers!
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! (And feel free to keep the list going in the comments.)
This article has been archived and is no longer accepting comments.
Previous article: Where to eat? Holiday lunch at Disneyland's Rancho del Zocalo
Planning a trip to Orlando?
Insider's Pick: Get all the best advice from ThemeParkInsider.com in one convenient book! Theme Park Insider Orlando 2014 offers you the insight, background, and how-to skills that will help you enjoy Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando like, well, a theme park insider. Save yourself time and money by learning how to visit the Orlando-area theme parks the insiders' way.
Top U.S. Theme Parks
Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom
Other Top International Parks
Features, News and Advice
"Stories from a Theme Park Insider"
Connect with Theme Park Insider