10 ways to show that the good outnumber the bad
Published: April 16, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Let's let these words inspire us to action. Here are 10 steps you can take on your next theme park visit to remind everyone around you -- as well as yourself -- that the good overwhelms the bad in life.
- Thank every park employee you encounter throughout the day.
- Smile at every person you see frowning.
- Clap and cheer wildly for every performer you see in the park.
- Let the other group go ahead of you when you arrive at the same place at the same time.
- Offer to take another group's picture, so everyone in that group can be in it.
- Clear your table and leave immediately after eating, when other diners are looking for a place to sit.
- Overtip your waiters.
- Give away a Fastpass if you aren't going to use it. (Remember that Fastpasses expire now, so be aggressive about getting rid of the ones you won't need, before it's too late to use them.)
- Pay it forward and buy the churros (or popcorn or Citrus Swirls or whatever) for the people in line behind you, too.
- Never be afraid of travel, of going out in public, or of anyone you meet along the way, no matter their race, age, gender, or ethnicity. Feed the good wolf and cherish all the great people out there around you every day.
What are you doing to make people feel better today?