1. Six Flags Magic Mountain
2. Cedar Point
3. Busch Gardens
4. Disney Land
5. Knott's Berry Farm
If you want to plan a fun filled vacation I suggest Magic Mountain Which is funny because the discussion below is about how bad it is. I personaly thing MM is the best Your Teens will have a blast yet there are gentle rides for your younger kids. So if you look at this message and agree please tell me what else you LIKE and DISLIKE about these parks or if you have been to all of them tell me what order YOU would put them in.
7.Busch Gardens Williamsburg
8.Sea World Orlando
9.Busch Gardens Tampa
Are you suprised? :)
10. Six Flags Great America
I think the best way to make this fair is to keep east coast and west coast seperate. Chances are is that there are only a couple of people have been all over, and I can guarentee that no one has been to every park in the U.S..
I haven't been everywhere, I'm working on it!. My kids are finally getting to a good age and we've done a good deal so far. Theming, cleanliness, and service mean the most to me. Many parks think a great coaster can over shadow poor management, bad food, and filthy parks. I need alot more for my money than crazy obnoxious teenagers and a beer garden and these parks all provide the best experiences money can buy!
1. Cedar Point (Good quantity and quality of coasters-MF,TTD,Raptor,Magnum,etc./Nice setting/Could use some better flats though)
2. Universal Florida (counting USF and IOA as 1 park) (Some of my favorite rides of their respective types are here-MIB,Spiderman,Popeye,Dudley/Could use more rides of all types and less simulators)
3. 6 Flags Great Adventure (Great coaster line up when they are all running-Kingda Ka,El Toro,Medusa,Nitro,etc./Lots of flats/Nearly unbearably huge crowds are the only thing keeping this park from being #1 or 2 on my list)
4. Hersheypark (Good quality and variety of coasters-Lightning Racer,Stormrunner,Great Bear,etc. and flats/Free chocolate/A zoo
5. Kennywood (Great flats/Reasonable prices/Nice location/A great vibe/Phantom's Revenge/Could use some added steel coasters.
Busch Gardens Europe (Beautiful location/Good quality of coasters and rides-Apollo's Chariot,Alpengeist, Curse of Darkastle,but lack of quantity/Good shows)
Knoebels (Cheap/Good flat rides/The Phoenix/Haunted Mansion/Needs more coasters)
Anyway, here's my list:
1). Islands Of Adventure
2). Busch Gardens Africa
3). Alton Towers
4). Thorpe Park
5). Universal Studios Florida
Honerable mentions: Drayton Manor, Chessington World Of Adventures and other Orlando Parks.
Here are mine:
4. Animal Kingdom
Yeah, no suprise there, number 6 would have been IOA!
1. Busch Gardens Europe (I love just about everyone about this park)
2. Magic Kingdom
4. Animal Kingdom (amazing theming, with the exception of Dinoland, of course)
5. MGM (by far has the weakest theming of all the Disney Parks, but I still love it)
Hey wait a sec! Your first post had IOA as 5th place, what made you change your mind?!
But yeah, I am a dork for voting again and changing my vote! I totally forgot that I already voiced my opinion on this!
1.Islands of Adventure-duh...EVERYTHING
2.Universal Studios-Smaller lines, more rides and good atmosphere than its disney counterpart.
3.Busch Gardens Tampa-Great animals, and coasters
4.Sea World Orlando-I like fish....what can I say?
5.EPCOT-My original favorite park from when I was a kid, up until I saw the light (lighthouse) at Universal. The rest of the disney parks are too crowded, too pricey, and they have waaaaaaay too much pixar :)
You are definatly a closet Disney fan too since I think IOA is taken out of a Disney playbook (take everything Disney is good at, put it in one park, and make it better)- thats the motto I always thought of IOA as.
And I love EPCOT too, its me and my family's favorite. No, we are not that crazy to be jumping around and skipping with the characters, we are not that psychotic. We enjoy what EPCOT, AK and MGM has to offer. We like MK because of the old time classic rides that Disney has to offer! I guess we are kinda nerdy because we like the parks that you learn something!
1. Sea World-I LOVE killer whales & Kraken
2. IOA-Best coasters and water rides for me.
3. Magic Kingdom-my girls always have a blast!
4. MGM-FANTASMIC!! TOT & Rock-n-Rollercoaster
5. EPCOT-Love the whole concept of the park
6. Universal Studios(F)-R.I.P Back to the Future
7. Animal Kingdom-Expedition Everest,Dinosaur
8. Busch Gardens Africa-Probably would be #1 if i didnt have to drive so far to get to it.
Hopefully, I can go to as many (maybe more) different theme parks as I did in 2006 (9). However, I know for sure I'll be making a visit to Six Flags Great America during summer vacation, so can't wait to finally ride Kingda Ka! Also hope to return to Cedar Point for the opening of Maverick.
Its all about staying current. Universal's website claims that they have "yesterday's" favorites so they are trying to stay current. However, they can't make classics if they keep replacing attractions.
Also, Alien Encounter was slammed on this site when it was open. It appeared nobody liked it. Personally, I thought it was a fine ride!
But Erik, you are right, there can be too much of a good Pixar thing. Buzz? OK, Monsters Inc? we are streching Tomorrowland. Personally, I think meet the Robinsons would be a better fit. Sure, the movie might be a flop, but it might make a decient attraction!
There it is and I know MGM being my number is a little far fetched but I love the place the the Streetmosphere actors and Fatasmic makes the place great for me. Also the prospect of new rides that are being built its going to get better and better!
Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Disney California Adventure
Universal's Islands of Adventure
Universal Studios Florida
Universal Studios Hollywood