So many questions.Universal Orlando: As a longtime devotee to the Universal Studios parks, a few questions have been raised over the years....
From Kathryn Leigh1. Why is the wait time for the Sky High Trolley always so long? Is it because it's one of the few rides that cater to young children, so they flock there? Other than that, I can't really see a reason.
Posted January 27, 2011 at 12:26 PM
2. Why is Green Eggs and Ham always closed? I've only seen it open a few times in the past few years.
3. How much undeveloped land was used to make WWoHP?
4. Does anyone else cry on the Harry Potter ride?
5. Does anyone know whether the songs on the Hollywood RRR will ever be updated? Maybe that's a dumb question.
I probably have more...I'll post here if I think of any. Thanks!
Comments in chronological order. Most recent at the bottom. Scroll down to respond.
From Anthony Murphy2. I think its just open seasonally
Posted January 27, 2011 at 1:19 PM
3. I don't think much because alot of WWOHP was built on existing Lost Continent Land
From Susan Jackson1. Why is the wait time for the Sky High Trolley always so long? -There are only 3 cars on the track and it takes a little bit to get around the whole circuit.
Posted January 27, 2011 at 5:05 PM
2. Why is Green Eggs and Ham always closed? I believe it is seasonal as the other comment said.
From Hermione PotterYeah, Green Eggs and Captain America Diner are seasonal places - they only open Dec20ish-Jan3ish and sometimes in July if demand warrants.
Posted January 27, 2011 at 6:10 PM
I cried (from joy) the first two times on Forbidden Journey :)
Rockit was supposed to get halloween music for horror nights but...suddenly 'previously scheduled maintenance' had to occur :cough: Maybe next year?
From Mike GallagherHermione,
Posted January 27, 2011 at 6:35 PM
The Halloween music on RRR sounds like a good idea. Herewith, my top ten song choices for programming:
1..Werewolves Of London-Warren Zevon
From Kathryn LeighWhat a shame, Halloween music would have been awesome.
Posted January 28, 2011 at 7:11 AM
Another question: Are any of the soundstages still in use regularly? It amazed me at the amount of space in hidden places used for Halloween Horror Nights haunted houses. Do they have any other uses?
From Hermione PotterWell they film TNA and RAW there all the time, along with Family Feud. Other than that, commercials and extra sequels (Bring It On 5 or 6?, Beethoven 23ish, etc.) plus some film students use the soundstages and the actual park areas all the time before and after hours.
Posted January 28, 2011 at 12:26 PM
From Carrie Hood1. Sky High never opened on time with the park, there are about a million rumors about why that happened. It also has a high load time and doesn't hold many people, that tends to result in a line even on the slowest days.
Posted January 28, 2011 at 3:25 PM
2. It's now seasonal, Moose Juice is also and it rarely open during slower times of the year. I think there was another restaurant in Toon Lagoon that was also seasonal but can't recall now.
3. About half, most of which is where they put HPFJ as well as it's line. The rest was taken from Lost continent.
4. I teared up the first time I saw it, it was a pure "GLEE" moment for me ;)
5. I know they made it to have a lot of track space open for new and updated music but I can't honestly say if they plan to update it anytime soon. I remember seeing a music list of what was known at one point as well as hidden tracks. I'm sure if you hunt around online you can find it, I think there was even a list posted here on TPI at some point.
From steve lee^the seasonal restaurant in Toon Lagoon is Wimpys. I've been to IOA dozens of times and have never seen it (or Green Eggs) open.
Posted January 28, 2011 at 10:24 PM
From Manny BarronI did see Green Eggs and Ham open the last time I visited IOA. It was the same day WWo Harry Potter opened which is to say this place is only open during heavy attendance times.
Posted January 28, 2011 at 11:31 PM
This discussion has been archived, and is not accepting additional responses.
Plan your theme park vacation with our readers' travel guides:
Top U.S. Theme Parks
Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom
Other Top International Parks
Readers' Top Themed Rides
Top Roller Coasters
Top Theme Park Shows
Features, News and Advice
2013 Blog PostsJan. Feb. Mar. Apr. May
2012 Blog PostsJan. Feb. Mar. Apr. May Jun. Jul. Aug. Sep. Oct. Nov. Dec.
2011 Blog PostsJan. Feb. Mar. Apr. May Jun. Jul. Aug. Sep. Oct. Nov. Dec.
2010 Blog PostsJan. Feb. Mar. Apr. May Jun. Jul. Aug. Sep. Oct. Nov. Dec.
2009 Blog PostsJan. Feb. Mar. Apr. May Jun. Jul. Aug. Sep. Oct. Nov. Dec.
2008 Blog PostsJan. Feb. Mar. Apr. May Jun. Jul. Aug. Sep. Oct. Nov. Dec.
2007 Blog PostsJan. Feb. Mar. Apr. May Jun. Jul. Aug. Sep. Oct. Nov. Dec.
2006 Blog PostsJan. Feb. Mar. Apr. May Jun. Jul. Aug. Sep. Oct. Nov. Dec.
2005 Blog PostsDec.
2004-2005Staff column archive