Crazy ideas for rides and attractions
Add any crazy element to any ride.
My crazy ideas:
1. Hulk: the coaster gets into the lagoon for real.
2. Jaws: with real sharks!
3. Mission Space: the ride spins nonstop for 10 minutes.
4. Test Track: the car hits a wall at 65 mph (you are the dummy)
5. The Hall of Presidents: all the presidents discuss the debt ceiling for hours.
6. Tower of Terror: guests are standing.
7. Kilimanjaro Safaris: you can get out of the vehicle to take pictures of the animals.
Comments in chronological order. Most recent at the bottom. Scroll down to respond.
I always wished the Tower of Terror was like a real elevator car where you are standing. On the WDW Channel in the hotel rooms where they show off the attractions, they always show people standing in the elevator. Should be REAL.
Haunted Mansion - turn it into one of those paranormal tv deals where you ride the ride wearing night-vision goggles for an hour and see absolutely nothing.
From steve lee
Posted August 25, 2011 at 1:24 PM
Whoa, Mark. I wouldn't go mucking up the Haunted Mansion with that, but I think you may have an intriguing idea there (similar to the helmet-light houses Universal had for Halloween Horror Nights a few years back). Too bad there's not a really strong "haunted" property out there they can brand it to (since no one wants to make anything original anymore).
SO YOU BLEW MY MIND WHEN YOU MADE THE DRAGSTER.420FT IS A BIG DEAL. HOW MUCH HIGHER CAN THE NEXT THRILL BE? 600FT? IS THAT POSSIBLE? IT WOULD BE SWeeeeeT
Steve, I thought those haunted houses were a really good idea. Do you remember if they staggered the crowd for that?
From Scott B
Posted August 26, 2011 at 9:16 AM
I approve this thread.
1. Mad Tea Party: The tea cups are filled with actual tea before you board the ride
2. Soarin over California: it now includes a fly over Compton with a soundtrack that has the greatest hits from N.W.A.
3. Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin: Riders are given actual lasers. Hilarity ensues.
4. Expedition Everest: The Yeti is replaced by a man in a Yeti costume who shakes his fist and yells "Roar" when the coasters go by
5. Country Bear Jamboree: During closing number, a grizzly bear is let loose into the audience
6. Dumbo Ride: During ride, new fans are implemented that release a realistic elephant smell
From steve lee
Posted August 26, 2011 at 3:39 PM
They did stagger the crowds, Mark. They would get about 20 people into each group and one person got the hardhat with the light on it. It probably made for some horrific lines, but that's why we splurge on the Express Passes.
Splash Mountain: change the logs for tubing (like a lazy river)
Test Track: You actually complete the impact test.
1. Dragon Challenge where the separate roller coaster trains blow fire at each other....
2. Jurassic Park with real dinosaurs....
3. It's A Small World with real live midgets instead of dolls....
Change Finding Nemo: Submarine Voyage to the Beatles' Yellow Submarine. It would have a meet and greet with Ringo and Paul (the real ones!)
Human centipede: the live show! Will you be one of the lucky three volunteers to "assist" crazy dr. Heiter?
From Tyler C
Posted August 30, 2011 at 8:54 PM
OMG Grant... Yes!! That is the funniest, craziest idea ever!! I could just see it now... even though I don't want to!! No one volunteers, the Doc. just drags some poor soul out of the audience kicking and screaming!
The good news though: the second and third volunteers don't need to pay for expensive theme park food (or any food for the rest of their lives!)!
What was that fake Mr. Wizard show on the old sitcom Dinosaurs? Do a live show attraction and "accidentally" blow up the volunteers. Then the host can say, "We're gonna need another Timmy!"
An inverted roller coaster designed to launch prosthetic legs for distance.
Kali River Rapids with just a life jacket. For the brave, without.
From Tony Duda
Posted August 31, 2011 at 3:33 PM
"it's a small world" starring CHUCKIE!!!!!
I never heard about the Human Centipede movie, so I did an online research. Disgusting!!! Whoever came with that idea has a twisted mind.
I hadn't heard about it until Southpark did an episode on it...
How about, a re-theme of Oblivion at Alton Towers and put up loads of orange signs due to a sponsor by Fanta?
Disney Hollywood Studios tour should take guests to the Motors! Lights! Action! stage, and become extras to the stunt show.
Warning: you may get burned or hit by a car.
This is a fantastic thread.
All the ideas are phenomenal. I especially approve of the below:
1. Standing on T of T
2. Real ghost hunting in Haunted Mansion
3. Being a volunteer in Motor Lights Action (I wanna drive the backwards car sooo bad)
4. Real lasers in Buzz Lightyear
5. Lazy river in Spash Mountain
(Not Chuckie in Small World. Way to scary for me - esp if it broke down...OMG!)
I add to the suggestions the following:
1. Real trolls in Mælstrom
2. Reaching actual Aerosmith concert at end of Rock n Roller coaster
3. A vortex opens up in Drew Carey's Sounds Dangerous and sucks him up into nothingness.
4. You're on a real boat on POTC not on a track, you row yourself around and can stop to chat with any of the real pirates and share rum and swing cats and fire canons.
5. Spaceship Earth is a time machine.
My husband Andy wanted to add Zombies into the Jurassic Park ride... Just to keep everyone on their toes.
on saw the ride at thorpe park have people actualy choped up by buzzsaws and spikes, but its saw, so they will have to duck at the righ time to save them selves from death.
a roller coaster built for one. imagine the wait time
There's an actual earthquake at Disaster
The Terminators at T2-3D actually shoot at you.
Would the crazy ideas involving pain and death be optional add-ons?
It'll never happen, I'm sure, but I know this has at least gotten to the conceptual stage of roller coaster design: A coaster that would actually JUMP a gap in the track.
This discussion has been archived, and is not accepting additional responses.