The Little things that keep you coming back
Walt Disney World:
What are yours?
From Dan S
Posted August 4, 2012 at 3:27 PM
By little I don't mean like a select food or something like that, I mean like what are the things that you love about certan theme parks that AREN'T the big name attractions?
Some examples for me would be ....
1) Walking as a giant crowd of people down mainstreet in MK after the fireworks, and heading back to the car
2)In AK, the parts that are completely submerged and surrounded by a giant forest
3) The restaurants that are placed around the lake in USF that you can eat around
Those little aspects and many more are what keep me coming back to these parks. What about you ?
Comments in chronological order. Most recent at the bottom. Scroll down to respond.
At Disney the CMs are great, and they can improve your day.
*Seating for the Flame BBQ Restaurant on the lake with a great view of Animal Kingdom *The isolated deck behind Popeye & Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges on the Islands of Adventure lake. Great relaxation spot. * Resting on a bench in the Universal Studios central park area *A dole whip in Adventureland * Hollywood Blvd. in Hollywood Studios at midnight with the movies' ambiance music playing *Riding the boat from Portofino Hotel to Universal theme parks/citiwalk in the evening *Riding on the horse trolley to open the Magic Kingdom
- Screams from Tower of Terror
- Seeing the castle for the first time
- Space Mountain queue music (I just love it)
- DHS and ToT at night
- That early morning monorail ride to the parks.
- Tasting foods at the World Showcase
- Dole Whip
- Smell of Burning Rome on Spaceship Earth
- Seeing the Tree of Life
- Watching and listening to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster take off
- Castmembers and cleanliness of the parks
- PEOPLE WATCHING!
I love when you see kids at WDW for the first time and their eyes light up when they see their favorite character (most of the time that's their reaction). :)
The Haunted Mansion at Midnight
Sitting playing draughts (checkers) outside the Main St Candy store while the World passes by. Can't beat it.
Kelly: You are so right. We stopped & played checkers at the Tom Sawyer Island Fort in May and a crowd gathered around watching us play. I can't help but believe they were thinking, why didn't we do that.
Totally Rob!!!!! We jump on the board with no one around, then people were waiting for us to get off the table.
Its a little moment just with your companions that no one else then is having right then. Its become a grand tradition in our family.
Big Thunder Mountain at night, Splash Mountain at night and just overall the rides are amazing!
1. The sparkly pavements outside Spaecship Earth
2. Cinnamon Rolls
3. A chilli dog from Casey's corner
4. Hopping on the carpark tram (I'm always gutted if we are parked too close to the entrance to get on one)
5. Seeing Main Street all lit up at night with the excitement that Wishes will be coming soon running through my head
I just thought of my favourite, driving my family crazy by singing the song (and miming the cymbal claps) all through Spectromagic!
They have tried to lose me with another family more than once :-))
-Getting lost in the streets and era of New Orleans Square
-Hearing (and not being able to stop repeating) "This here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!"
-The moment you pass a character who just came out, has no crowd, and you just have that little moment of "Hey, how's it going?"
Kelly you are Hilariousss :)
One of the little things I love is hearing the music at the turnstiles, and just feeling that excitment building up as you wait your turn to enter the park. Epcot's music really gets me excited and even a little teary eyed. Hearing, Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas, over the speaker on the monorail is another great feeling.
Haha you think Karly...they didnt when they tried to leave me behind ;-)
I just kept on coming back though.....
* Sitting by the lake having lunch or just taking the break while The Hulk coaster roars over you at IOA.
* Staying at the Lowes Royal Pacific on the top floor and getting the whole view of IOA & USF.and on the otehr side yoou see I- Drive
* The feeling you get when you see the Cinderella Castle on the monorail heading to MK.
* That special feeling you get when you see the night time firework show at MK, and Fantasmic at HS
Ha! The smell of burning Rome on Spaceship Earth. YES!!
I'm addicted to the Rome smell, POTC water smell, Phillharmagic pie smell, and of course, the ET forest smell.
ET Forest smell is great, too! I could live in it for ever. PotC and the pies, haha. This is a convo in its own!
Flag retirement ceremony at Disneyland chokes me up every time. Watching people wearing "1st visit" buttons and knowing what an amazing time they're going to have.
Walking down Main Street at park closing and taking time to actually see what's in the shop windows. The ballon vendors and their colorful clouds of balloons. Watching little kids jump up and down, squealing with that first time excitement that all of us feel.... but just can't express as freely. The sound of the Dapper Dans and their arrival on a horse drawn trolley. Standing at the hub and deciding which way to go first. Picking the perfect carousel horse.
Walking down Port of Entry and hearing the Hulk roar above the epic IOA soundtrack.
Seeing the castle from the Monorail at MK, Christmas lights, the guys that draw the pictures with water and caulk at MK, seeing tower of terror and thinking of my ex's face when we started to fall... hahaha! Walking about MK at night when no one else is around,... oh I could go on!
Mickey Ice Cream!
From Dominick D
Posted September 13, 2012 at 6:32 PM
French Beer at Magic Kingdom. Yum! (I kid I kid, Im not of age to drink)
The ambient music as you walk down main street USA, the cast members, the musky smell as you enter pirates, conversing over the different beers in Epcot, riding the monorail just for the heck of it!
This discussion has been archived, and is not accepting additional responses.