The Legend

James Rao

Published: September 20, 2011

The Legend was the second wooden roller coaster built in Holiday World as part of the 2000 expansion. Another CCI creation, the coaster is supposed to recreate the ride Ichabod Crane took through the woods of Sleepy Hollow, desperately trying to outrun the dreaded Headless Horseman. It boasts a 113-foot drop, a helix and a top speed of 59 mph.

The Legend is currently the 18th highest rated wooden coaster on the planet according to Amusement Today (2011).

Roger S
If you're like me and you're not a big wood coaster fan, you probably won't crave repeat rides on this. My teenage daughter hated the roughness and refused to ride it again. While I didn't hate it, I wasn't disappointed when it ended. When we were there in July 2013, we never saw any kind of line for this ride. We were able to walk right on while there was a 30-minute wait at The Voyage. This one didn't appear to be a big hit. At the end, a young guy in front of us said, "Ugh. I have a headache." That sums it up pretty well.
Mike Brilhart
9/10 If you're a fan of laterals, this is going to be your favorite ride of all time. I can't think of a ride that places more emphasis on lateral forces then The Legend. That being said, those laterals might be the reason why this ride tends to get a bad rep in comparison to the other two coasters at Holiday World. Laterals usually result in a rougher ride. But the first drop is defiantly the best in the park, starting out straight, but curving at the last second near the bottom and diving straight into a tunnel.

When you hear the howl, "Don't look back!"

Dakota S
MY favorite ride at Holiday World it is extremely smooth and it is longer than the raven. The first drop is just as amazing as the lateral g's on the helix a perfect ride!