Shipwreck Rapids

Flume ride

Published:

Nine-passenger inner tubes float down whitewater rapids.

Rob McCullough
The ride is really good, but the entire environment is what really impressed me.
First off, the water is crystal clear. I have worked around a lot of water rides that used lake water that stank and made people feel nasty after getting off. The water here is clear, smells clean and felt refreshing.
The boasts only seat 9, so it is a mid-size ride, but they packed in a lot of props, set pieces and even animal environments Long the river.
The restaurant above is also wonderfully positioned to provide views of the action below.
I brought a change of clothes, and I an glad I did.
Manny Barron
This ride has a nice theme and the rapids are standard for this type of ride. You start on a tropical island and end up on a shipwrecked ship (hence the name).

You will get soaked. The ride itself will get you wet, but its the people who pay 25 cents to spray water at you that will get you drenched in water. We had about two inches of water at the bottom of our boat by the time we were done with the ride. Waits for this are also by far the longest in the park. For some strange reason waits are non-existant during the cool San Diego nights.

N O
Fun. But not the greatest rapid ride. been on better....
Jack Borgeson
oh god prepare to be soaked without having any fun