El Toro

Built in 2006, this Intamin Wooden Coaster offers specs that look like a steel mega coaster: a 188-foot lift hill, 176-foot initial drop and a top speed of 70 mph. The initial drop's angle of 76 degrees was the steepest of any wooden coaster in the world when it was built, now eclipsed by the new Texas Giant's 79 degrees. There are two trains that are usually running at full capacity. This ride is much smoother then other wooden coasters due to the pre-fab design, insane moments of airtime, and has a very fast cable lift-hill (good for all of you who fear the clanking of the slow chain).

This is the best coaster I have ridden - not going into great detail because I've already reviewed it at length on another website - because of its exceptional design. The first drop is spectacular, the cable lift is a refreshing change, and the entire ride is insanely good. Everything works and it's amazingly fluid. It's more fluid than Nitro and that's surprising because Nitro is a steel coaster. El Toro is the one coaster which I would not change in any way. I would change others; I'd add more drops to Millennium Force, add seat belts and a floor to Nitro, subtract curves from The Voyage and add more drops, expand the size of the first drop on Phoenix at Knoebels and make alterations to other coasters, but El Toro is perfect as is.
I just rode my favorite new wooden coaster. This is a great ride! The first drop is excellent. There's great acceleration going over the hills, which leads to the best airtime I've ever felt on a true wooden coaster. My favorite part is the series of banked turns near the end. Oh yeah - it is very smooth for a woodie.
Very good ride, but I was to hyped for it. Still something everyone has to do while they are at Great Adventure, but not like Nitro.
The other one of the absolute perfect coasters in the park. To me, this is even better than Nitro. First off, the ride is not smooth for a wooden's smooth for any coaster. It's the second smoothest coaster in the park. Since it uses a cable lift rather than a chain, like all the other rides minus Ka, it gets to the top of the hill suprisingly quickly which already creates tension for the ride. The first drop is incredibly steep and, especially when sitting in the back, will give you the single most thrilling element in the park. The feeling you get when going down this drop is unbeatable. Every hill on this ride gives you NO time to breathe, you will never catch a break with this ride, there's no pauses or slowing down when the train goes over it's hills which is why it creates such insane ejector airtime, the highlight of the ride. It feels like the fastest ride in the park at time because of that fact. There's not one non thrilling part of this ride. Every second of it delivers. The best wooden coaster in the world. 10/10
A brisk trip up the massive, steep lift hill, a couple of peaceful seconds to take in the scenery before plunging into an amazing first drop. If you're in the back you're at a rip roaring pace before you even hit the drop, and it doesn't let up one inch until the final brake run. There are steeper first drops out there (well, very few on woodies) but I've never felt a better one. I love this coaster so much I'm thinking of naming my first born child after it. Prob going Elle Toro if a girl and L. Toro if a boy.

Would I recommend this product or service to my family and/or friends? Strongly agree.

Best wooden coaster on the planet, hands down... A must ride if your a coaster freak.
The top Woodie out there. Even if it is prefab. A great lift hill. Super fast. Great air time and real smooth. Wait time in line was quick also. I just like the quickness of this Coaster. This coaster in my opinion is still the best woodie out there. Still great air time. Plenty of height and speed. Ride this one again & again.
Best wooden coaster I have ever ridden. Quick lift speed, amazing first drop, and tons of zero gravity hills. You'll be screaming your head off the entire ride. Loses one point for a boring queue/theme. 9/10
I've ridden probably 70 plus roller coasters from around the east coast. El Toro is by far the most complete roller coaster. From the time you start the lift hill, until the end there is non stop action. Most roller coasters, even the very good ones have great aspects, then lulls. Nitro, which I also consider excellent doesn't have the non stop thrills of El Toro. A true measure of a great coaster is the desire to sit in all different seats to experience what the coaster has to offer. El Toro is great from every seat, but the front and back are a thrill seekers dream. You probably won't find one person who doesn't think El Toro is at least a very good coaster.