Kingda Ka

As the tallest rollercoaster in the world Kingda Ka shoots its riders 456 feet and 3 inches in the air in a vertical position. It goes 128 miles per hour (206 km/h) in 3.5 seconds.

Comparisons to TTD are inevitable, so here it goes. For me, TTD easily wins this coaster war. I love to ride TTD again and again because it is so smooth. I had NO desire to ride KK more than once. One ride gave me a pretty good headache and slight nausea. I've never had those feelings on TTD - just pure exhilaration! The launch on KK is incredible, but the rest of the ride simply shakes too much. If they would fix the shaking, this would be so much fun. Also, TTD feels scarier because there's no OTSR.
I think I whited out :).

But why did they wait until 1 PM to open the ride?

I loved Kingda Ka the first time I rode it, but the second time I went there it was closed for more than half the day! It was opened and closed on and off, and finally at the end of the day 30 min before the park closed, it opened. I was about to get on line at around 9:58 but a park staff at the entrance told me the park was closed and I couldn't get in line! I was shocked and told him that I was waiting all day for the ride to open, but he just said "parks closed." I was surprised at how rude he was and how he didn't even feel compassion! Anyway, moral-get on the ride if you see it opened because it might not open again! -6